Do you believe in aliens?

alien - do you believe in aliens
@alnilam (969)
Are we alone in the universe or is there life on other planets? How do they look like--how you imagine them? are they friends or foe? are they technologically superior or inferior?
Yes, I do think that there are other beings out there. As to who or what they are? They could range from being friendly to being evil, from being extremely intelligent to being less intelligent than humans, or they could be just like us.
@alnilam (969)
hope they are not just like us, because if they are we will surely be at war with them because it is in human nature :( Thanks on your response.
I think that they would be more evolved than we are. I hope.
Yes, there has to be something out there that is smarter than we humans are. I think that the other aliens that are out there could be anything. There could be many different species of aliens out there, but we will not know that for a long time.
@alnilam (969)
We could have a chance of knowing in 10 years or so. When the life search telescope will be operational.
what if life on another planet wasn't in the third dimension as planet Earth? What if they existed in another dimension like the 4th, 5th, 6th or beyond? Would we be able to see them with our limited capabilites as 3rd dimensional beings? Perhaps we should step out of our little boxes and try to expand our awareness even if just a little bit.
@alnilam (969)
Our space has 6 dimensions, don't ask me which hehe, I studied physics for a year and at the first class the professor told us that our knowledge is limited and we were only thought about 3-4 dimensions with our education system but that we will learn about all 6 dimensions of our world. But i changed studies before i had a chance to find out what are the other 3 dimensions. Although the 4th is sound if i am not mistaken. A nice point though.
@evanpoe (122)
As vast as the universe is with as many galaxies as we've found out there, are we really that foolish to believe we're the only life in all that? I'm not...I have no proof of anything as science or religion has never proven anything, but I do believe aliens exist. I'm sure there are higher I don't know if there are "higher intelligences" out there as I don't really see levels of intelligence in a scale system, but there is most assuredly different ways of thinking, living, and being.
@alnilam (969)
thanks!
@Pose123 (21671)
I think that it's very unlikely that we are alone in the universe. It wouldn't make much sense to think so, after all we are only a mere speck of dust, compared to what's out there. Some are probably superior, others inferior. As for friend or foe, I won't comment. Blessings.
@alnilam (969)
well friend or foe is always decided later on. Thanks on your comment.
@pyewacket (43962)
I think it would be very smug of us to believe that in all that vast space of the universe that we're the only life forms around. I would like to think that there are many life forms out there, and they would be all different kinds. I don't think that we can expect other life forms to be or look exactly like the life forms here..and this would include all life here. I think every system capable of sustaining life might be completely different. I also believe that as far as technology, there could be all levels of advancement...for all we know, our stage of technology might seem very primitive to another civilization. As far as friend or foe..I think there could be both..on the one hand you might have real E.T. types or the type that was in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind...or you might have horrors like in the movie Alien
@alnilam (969)
well i just hope it wont turn out that we are those horror like Aliens :S. Thank you.
@healer (1784)
I believe in aliens i don't think we are alone in this big universe. I imagine them like those that use to appear in movies and i think they will be inferior to us. Thats just what i think, i like watching science fiction movies a lot as i am a science student.