What would you do if you found a Baby outside your door?

Baby - a baby in a stroller
Suppose you saw this baby when you opened the door one morning, what would be your first reaction and what will you do next?
@fly_shay (333)
Hello there.I can't imagine you've thought about it.I am married for 7 years already and until now, I still don't have a baby.Know what? one of my prayers or request to Him up there was me being pregnant but if I don't, at least He'll just give me a baby angel outside my door.I would gladly accept it as my own.Wish I could have one in any way.
Oh sorry to hear that. My aunt is an expert reflex when it comes to people who cannot bear children.
@fly_shay (333)
It's good to hear that.How I wish we knew each other and have the same place so I can just easily go to your place.Where is your place by the way?I'm in cagyan de oro.I already tried calling somebody and letting her take care of me but it didn't take long and I am working. So, it's to no avail.
@zabawaus (1734)
Hi fly shay. There is a problem i may have too. I have always problems and doctors told me that i may have try to work so hard to have babies. So If i found a baby on front door. I would have it and keep it just in case :)
@Ravenladyj (22992)
Oh I would be shocked then giddy then my husband would make me call DSS LOL I of course would want to adopt the little one but I dont know if my hubby would let me (provided it was legal I mean)
I also think the that was the best thing to do. Consult the first authority first. The Husband.
shock would be the first reaction,then i would bring the child in my home and call the proper aithorities to see what should be done
@swatig (1187)
take it easy, there is cute baby nothing from which we are afraid of as other replies in this discussion says. first,i took the baby inside then my himself go outside to enquire his mother or father or anyrelation peson. whn i not find anyone, i report of his finding to local police so tht thy might have any information. til the finding of his actual parents, we kept and feed in and play lots of games from mario to pacman and offcousse car race, which is more intersting game for kids.lol brings ballons for him/her, brings their age toys, and if i forget then take week hoilday from the office. lol
That was a very sweet thought.
@sunshinecup (7882)
What I really did do, freak out! It happened about 7 years ago. That week my husband was so frustrated with me. I had just argued to keep a stray dog that came to our door, and lost. A stray cat, and won, then a stray baby? LOL. I heard a baby crying and instinctually ran to check my then 1-year-old. She was fine, so I traced the sound down and it was at my front door. I opened it and there stood a baby just barely old enough to stand in nothing but a diaper and tee shirt. OMG!!! I immediately stepped out and picked him up and started loving on him. At first I thought it was a joke so I walked around my house expecting to find someone. No one was there. Then I screamed for hubby who ran out saw me with the baby and just froze. We joke about it now, he said his first thought was "It's not mine!", LOL. Anyway, I frantically scanned up and down the street to see who was home. Then I saw a car in the drive way of a house 4 doors down. I then remembered the lady there was pregnant about the same time I was, so I went there first. Well I knocked on the front door and the man that lives there opened it. I told him what had just happened. This is what he said..."Get in hear buddy, what are you doing". Then he took the baby, and closed the door...He just closed the door. No shock, no thank you, no questions, nothing! What a jerk! So after that I decided if this happens again, I would just call the police. Fortunately it didn’t. Now the child is about 7 and he stands out in the yard daily calling them all kinds of names including (Bit**, SOB), tries to kill his little sister and is just a horrible little child. Too bad finders keepers, doesn’t apply to kids. :o(
Yikes weird child. it good that you didnt take him to your custody.
@ranitam22 (1147)
my first reaction would probably be to call the police to see if somebody's child is missing. I would make sure the child wasn't hurt or anything and probably feed the baby until the police got there to tell me what to do next.
@violeta_va (4842)
Oh can I keep it please prety pleasy with chery on top, than my husband would say are you nuts better ring the police than i would be like can we just keep it for few days maybe the parents will come and get it. I would probably call the police but I would be heart broken as I have hard time giving avay a baby rabit let alone a baby.
@josan181237 (1205)
First reaction: "Aaah! you're so cute!" hehe. then next i would wonder whose baby is it and why did his mother leave him there. i would take it inside ofcourse. you wouldn't want to leave the poor baby outside the door. i would then report it to the police if they have a case of a missing baby. but if no one would claim the baby then i will take care of him. i love babies. they are so adorable. and they bring joy to you and your family. which reminds me..i miss my 1yr old niece..
@nikkiwith (1074)
Of course i would call the police and hand her/him over, but i would want to know what happens to him/her, i'd be hoping she/he goes to a good home.
@faith210 (11233)
hi hersmart4ever! If one day, I would open my door and find on my doorstep that cute baby...my first thought is to keep the baby because I wanted to have children and my first reaction is of course be happy of that blessing from above. But after I overcome my selfish motives, I guess I have to do the right thing which is report it to the proper authorities because the baby might just been kidnapped and was dropped off at my doorstep because the police are on his tail..and I can't bear the thought that the baby's mother is almost dying of grief for that baby. Have a nice day and take care!
@williamjisir (22909)
My first reaction will be very surprised at the baby outside my gate. Then I will call my wife and my neighbour to come and discuss how to deal with this. Then we will call the police station to come for the baby because we cannot adopt a child unless we are allowed to. Of course I won't forget to pick up the baby and carry him in my arms to warm him...
@ssh123 (31104)
My wife and myself are fond of children. First we welcome the child. Find out whether it requires any food or play stuff. Find out to whom it belongs to, inform them and take care of the baby till it leaves our house.
First i will inform the nearest police station, because somebody other than the parents of the baby could have left the child at my house. So i will give the information along with my details for contacting me and i will request them that i will keep the baby till anyone comes in search of the baby.
@blackbriar (9126)
I would bring the baby in and immediately call the police. In the meantime till they get here, I'll take care of his/her needs. Diapers, bottle, cuddling, etc.
@abroji (3247)
The situation is not clear. Whose baby was that? Was the baby alone? What is the age of that baby? Any way if the baby was alone I will take it up and try to find out the purpose of the visit by the baby. Surely I will take the baby into my home. Thank you hersmart4sure.
@vicki2876 (5640)
I would be shocked but I would call the police and let them figure it out. That would be hard though because I would LOVE to have another child and would want to keep it. I think I would look at it as a sign that I was meant to have another child. If they couldn't find the family I would probably try to let them let me have the child. It would be a blessing for sure! Vicki
@subathra (3519)
It would be a shock for me if i happen to see a baby outside early morning.Many questions will revolve around my mind as to who would have left it,what to be done next etc., i will first enquire in my locality whether the baby belongs to them and next to the police authority so that proper action will be taken. I will give some food to the baby and make him comfort till someone comes and claim it or the concerned police personnal arives. i will surely follow up with the authorities regarding the condition of the baby and the necessary steps they are taking towards tracing the parents of the baby.
My reaction would be surprise and I would try to find someone around. I know when we come across such situation, it means that the baby is unwanted for someone else. As a human being, I would like to take a honor to brought up that child. I know it is very difficult for a person living in city in present society. But, I can't let that child live a life of orphan.
@roniroxas (10576)
my first reaction is oh my what kind of parents will do this. i have four kids we've been through a lot of rains and typoons already.... but never in my dreams that i would let them leave my side. or never in my dreams to give them like that not even for adoption. well i will of course get the child.... and bring it to where she will be brought up like a normal child should be. i have cousins who was been married for a long time but has no child yet, maybe they can take it. i would love to be the mother of the child but i have to admit being a single mom of four is not easy adding another in the family is not a good idea.
@dpk262006 (52353)
Well, I would try to inquire...from others, and would enquire from baby..how he/she came to my house. I would take him/her inside and would treat him/her in the best possible manner, till my search goes on.