Do you think Mylot population is real?

Romania
Let me explain! You all know Mylot population is about 101,191 members.I look in the section about regular visiting members which is about 17,030 which is a small number in comparison with the total number, so there is a probability - one - there are only 17,030 which really visit regular and the rest are inactive, just register and then never comes back, or all 17,030 are the only real member of Mylot and the counter about 101,191 members is fake. What do you think?
@totty1969 (1474)
I think ther are alot of people who come here and it is not what they expected, so they leave without returning. I don't know any of the numbers. I do see alot of regular people on here and the 17,000 sounds about right. I think myLot should get rid of the accounts that are inactive for more that 6 months. The only drawback to that would be people would loose points for the ones who are deleted. In that case points would go up and down on a regular basis. I have 2 people who I referred and they haven't done anything, but they are still part of that 101,000 population. Peace, Totty
would be more adequat for Mylot administration to do, to delete members who are inactive for about 6 months or so, thanks for sharing your opinion.
@Amstardam (1348)
I think it's the same with every site that has members. Many people joing a site and then never come back. The number of Mylotters is just how many people joined the site. 17, 030 people is still a lot of active members. I didn't even know there was a section where you can see the amount of active members!
well, they call the section regular visitors here , but my guess is that 17,300 are the only active members here, and not the regular one, constant ones. Who knows!
@speakeasy (4215)
Well, I know that I have 5 referrals; but, three never did anything, one was here posting for about a month and a half and then she found a better paying site; and the last one just started a month ago and is starting to slow down; but, she is still here and posting. So, out of the 6 of us only two are currently here regularly. I do agree that if they are inactive for 6 months, they should be deleted. If they change their minds later; they can always sign up again.
or they can unsuscribe by themselves, don't you think?
@speakeasy (4215)
Is there a way to "unsubscribe"? I think they just sign up, decide it is not what they are looking for, and then never come back. Maybe, if myLot sent them a "reminder" after 30 days with no activity asking them to either participate or "unsubscribe" it would at least get them to remove themselves.
@inked4life (4228)
I think they should just post the number of active members and go through regularly and delete all members who haven't been active in over 90 days. It would give us all a better idea of what is actually going on here rather than those inflated member numbers
totally agree!
• Ecuador
good idea actually
I've never seen the count go down so the 100,000+ is probably how many people have joined during the lifetime of MyLot. I think that the numbers don't change when people are banned or join and then forget all about MyLot. That is a huge difference though. Most sites that I'm familiar with only have few hundred that are inactive. I agree with the fact that only MyLot knows the true member count.
thanks for share!
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
well, i think its real to the extent that it is the total number ever registered in mylot. I dont think it was ever meant to be the number of active users, which is maybe what you want to know?
thanks for share!
@oldiebut (859)
Let's be realistic, how many people want to come back and participate in scintillating discussions like "do you wash your hair every day?" (which drew over 40 responses if you can believe it). This is really not much of a forum when you get right down to it, at least for anyone who has experience with other forums.
what forums do you attend? Have you got a good one?thanks for share!
@faith210 (11233)
Hi anirc750310! Wow, you did your research! I guess, the chances of the 101 thousand + members is not quite true. Because I heard people were banned and there are really people who I knew registered and were inactive. Probably that big figure are the number of registrants but the active members are not that high. I have a friend who was banned and she registered in another name. So she has 2 accounts still seen on this site, one is inactive(coz it was banned) and the other one is the one she is really using.
so, a lot of unrealistic members, thanks for share!
@dafnie (382)
yeah i think the numbers are real. there are many websites where people join and never come back. only those who truly don't mind reading and writing posts will come back to mylot......
thanks for sharing with us! I agree!
@nokia6233 (937)
I dont think the counter on the site is wrong but rather its the huge number of mylot users who registered and never came back or those who were active in the beginning when mylot paid more and now not any more active as mylot has decreased its paying amount.
thanks for sharing with us!
@worldwise1 (14891)
I think that the higher number have signed up as yousay, anirc, but when they find out that you really have to work to make some money, they bow out. I was looking through my friends list the other day and noticed a few that I had not heard from in quite some time. I got a response from one of them today in a discussion, so he must have been busy elsewhere.
thanks for sharing with us!
@zaichn (319)
Yup.. I think so.. Ive been a member here since January and i noticed the big leap of the number of members here in mylot.. from 60,000+ to 100,000+ in a few months.. I think it is real since lots of members are inactive.. They just register, answer a few discussions and banish.. and back to mylot again.. its true for me.. :)
thanks for sharing with us!
• Ecuador
mybe this number17,030 represents the active members only when the 101,191 indicate all members on mylot
A Mylotter said the 17,030 could be the members who regular visit the section in my interests from Mylot, could be possible!At least I hope so.
@coolcatzz (1589)
I think it is probably very accurate because I know myself that I've referred people, they've signed up and then they never post or they use to and have stopped. People take breaks too. I haven't done too much since March but I want to get back into it now.
then happy posting! thanks for share!
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I tried to sign up with the usual username that I use...even many different variations of it that I was sure nobody but me would use...and they were always taken. That's how I ended up with this name. It seemed a little farfetched that all of the names I picked before were taken...so I'm not sure if they're all real or not.
thanks for sharing with us HereLiesSlobe!
I think all the other people are people who were referred, tried it and then realized it wasn't for them. There are many people who join thinking they will make a lot of money to soon realize MyLot doesn't make you rich. It is funny, but I was having the same thoughts a few days ago. I think MyLot should remove inactive accounts because a) it would give a more accurate representation of members and b) it would free up cash in all those accounts that could then be redistributed to everyone else ;).
it is an ideea! yeah I am agree with you, thanks for sharing with us!
• Brazil
the real population is almost what shows... cause you dont have any advantage for creat fakes... but is obvious that no even 25% participate
I think there is more then 25%, maybe is about 50% they don't particpate, thanks for sharing!
I think people sign up and they are active for a wile and they never come back but Mylot leaves them on the members list. That way they can come back when they want. That is what I assume anyway.
@foxyfire33 (10021)
The number you are talking about, 17,030, is not the number of people that log on regularly. It is referring only to the number of members who have added "mylot.com" under "websites I visit regularly" in the interests section of our profiles. There are possibly many more members who have not added that as an interest or referred to as just "mylot" instead. That 17,030 probably also includes a lot of imactive members. I also think that 101,191 only refers to the number of people who have signed up an has nothing to do with active members either. I think if we had a way to figure out how many of us were active for, we would be very surprised. I suspect the myLoy community is actually quite small...in comparison to 101,191 anyway.
do you think so? thanks for sharing!
@wooitsmolly (3613)
I think the number is real, but most members do not return and participate. People are always signing up for sites and never coming back to them.
thanks for share your opinion!