Does anyone make real homemade bread not from a bread machine? What do you make

Does anyone make real homemade bread, not from a bread machine? What do you make out of your bread? I make bread, cinnamon rolls, hamburg buns, pizza crust, cinnamon bread and sometimes donuts.
@asfi123 (955)
here is a recipe for you My Moms Homemade Bread & Bun Recipe (No Bread Maker) This is a very light and tasty bread recipe that is very easy for beginner cooks to make. I love it because I can make buns and loaves and even Cinnamon buns with the dough. Its perfect for every occasion. 1 cup lukewarm water 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or margarine 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons flechmans dry active yeast 8 cups water, lukewarm 15-18 cups all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons granulated sugar In small bowl place the following ingrediants:. 1 cup warm water. yeast and 2 tbsp white sugar (DO NOT STIR) let stand for 10 minutes. In large mixing bowl do the following steps. 1. Place 8 cups warm water in bowl. 2. Place remaining 2 tbsp sugar in water. 3. Place 4 tbsp margerine or veg. oil in water. 4. Place salt in water. 5. Add 6 cups flour one at a time and mix as you are adding. Making sure to remove any lumps. Should be smooth before adding next cup. 6. Pour Yeast mixture in other bowl that you set aside into mixture. 7. Mix until smooth. 8. Continue to add flour mixing thoroughly until dough is sticky and forms a ball (note you will have to use your hands to mix it after its too tough to mix with a spoon. It should take only about a maximum of 17 cups of flour. Take dough out of bowl and place on a flat clean dry surface which was sprinkled with about 1/2 cup of flour. Knead dough with hands for about 15 minutes or so. Dough should be soft and feel light to to touch. TIP: To prevent the dough from sticking to your hands a lot rub vegetable oil on them or take a piece of margerine and rub it into your hands then continue to knead dough. DO NOT ADD MORE FLOUR! It will make your bread dough TOO HEAVY! if you do. Seperate dough in half. Place each half in a bowl. Place a light towel over it and let the dough rise for 1 hour or until doubled. FOR BUNS: Take about the size of a baseball of dough in your hand roll into a ball and place it on an ungreased cookie sheet. Let rise for another 1/2 hour or until buns are double in size. For buns to rise tall place them close together almost touching. Bake at 375 Degrees Ferinheit. FOR LOAVES: Take a large amount of dough and roll into a roll dough should not take up more than half of the loaf pan. Make sure dough roll is even or you will end up with a lopsided loaf or narrow loaf. Let rise for 1 to 2 hours. Or until Dough is nicely formed above the rim of the loaf pan. Bake at 350 Degrees Ferenhiet for 45 minutes or until golden brown. To test to see if done knock on top of the loaf. If it sounds hollow it is completed baking. It will be a dark golden brown color when finished. Take Loaves out of oven and take them IMMEDIATELY OUT OF THE BANS upside down. (If you leave them till cooled in pans what happens is the bottom crust gets soggy from the condensation). Brush melted butter over top of loaves to prevent from drying out. Yeild: 4 loaves 2 dozen buns. Depends on size. TIP: This bread dough is great for anything such as pizza crusts, cinn. buns, take a bit and roll it out thin and place it in a frying pan with a little oil and fry it and serve with jam or peanut butter. hope you find it useful and do tell me if you try it
Thank you for your receipe. I will be off work in three weeks for the week and hope to try it then. I liked your list of ingrediants. Not to much sugar and no milk. I don't like bread receipes that call for milk. For me they always turn tuff the next day. Have a nice day.
@marciascott (25554)
That is a good recipe too I will copy it too. she gave me a recipe too. so I will have two reciepes how to make bread. thank you!
Hello! I was going to make bread this week while I was off but never got it done. Been stuck with all the laundry. I made mine a couple weeks ago using applesauce and honey and we had it for French Toast. It was so good! Have you made any yet? Have a nice day!
I did a bread making course some years ago, and although I now own a breadmaker, I still prefer the old way. Everytime I make bread, the kids and any guest sit and stare in wonder at my kneading skills. Ive taught my kids to help which is great. The kids and I love to make chocolate bread.
I have heard of chocolate bread but have never tried it. Our favorite is making cinnamon rolls. Everyone loves them and I have made them with all my grandchildren ages 3 throu12 they realy enjoy it. In fact if Iam making bread and they come over they take over to finish it!!!!
@marciascott (25554)
No I don't I'm still trying to work on your reciepe.
Hello. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Do you have any questions on the reciepe? I tried to be as detailed as possible. I made some for Christmas and it needed to bake just a couple more minutes.....I forgot it and it baked more then that!!!!! Works great to tear up for homemade dressing and also makes great french toast!