Are you in anyway involved in an Unusual Friendship

Unusual friendship with animals, plants, someone who is mute and deaf, things like these? Did you have an unsual friendship in anyway?
@KrisNY (7591)
I wouldn’t call any friendship I have as unusual- Even if it was with a deaf person- I cannot wait to read the answers- I do talk to my tree out back on occasion- you know the lilac one- I think if you talk to them they grow prettier- lol
@makingpots (11922)
Does the tree ever answer you back? That's when you know there is cause for conern. :)
@makingpots (11922)
I feel unusually attached to both of my dogs. I know most people would say this about their pets. We really do communicate on unusual levels. They both have ways of letting me know when something does seem right or when my son is getting into something he shouldn't. One in particular is very maternal acting when it come to my son... she has been since the day we brought him home.
@Willowlady (10666)
I once had a frienship with a guy that was at the bowling alley wher my mother bowled. I was a kid and he was deaf and mute. We communicated with note writing. I think of him to this day and hope that life treated him kind despite the difficulties he lived under. I also have a cat that I am unusually attached to. He seems to be really attached to me also. We both survived our fire and so am glad we are both mended by now. He makes me happy when things are difficult.
@dbhattji (2507)
Yes, I had a very nice friendship with my dog, he understood me and took great care of me. When I fractured my leg and the doctor came to see me he stood guard not allowing the doctor to examine me lest he hurt me.
um.... i have a dog but thats about it.... i don't love inanimate objects or anything...
@abroji (3247)
I don't have any mute or deaf friends. But I had some friendships which others considered unusual. While I was young I had a few friends who were much much older than me. Now I am pretty old and have some friends who are very very younger to me. If you consider it unusual it is so. Thank you hersmart4ever.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I do not think that I have that kind of a relationship with anyone right now. Maybe someday that will happen, who knows.
@santuccie (3374)
I don't know of any unusual friendships I have, at least presently. One day, I hope to have a Deaf friend or two. I've had a year of American Sign Language, and intend to complete the sequence and earn my certificate.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Yes with my pet dog, I really love her like a human to me she always makes me laugh and I enjoys her company. Everytime I woke up she is already outside my door and waiting for me to go out for she wants to carress her and give her a kiss. Sometimes it's better for me to deal with her than people.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello hersmart4ever, I never had this kind of relationship and so, I really don't know how it works. But it is a bit weird to me, to think of people having unusual friendship with animals or plants. Did I miss out something?
@aprilgrl (4460)
I grew up and had lots of friend that were deaf like me (I am deaf but not mute) I had a friend that was blind As fpr animals I sometimes can understand them.
@magnet (2087)
When I was a kid I had an imaginary friend who would come visit me.
If you consider work related friendships. I serve people who have special needs, many are mentally handicapped, Down Syndrome, Asberger's, Mental Health Disorders. Not only am I employed to work with these people, I am friends, greeted warmly, remembered on my special days. I would say that is a friendship. I have, over the years, had friends who were dependent on sign language, and I have a close friend who went to college with me who has been blind since shortly after birth. He has been a diesel mechanic, and often repairs washing machines and dryers, air conditioners and refrigerators and freezers. He is in my Sunday School Class. I do not think of him as unusual, so much as I just think of him as himself.
• Saudi Arabia
As for me, I don't know if you'd call it unusual but I had a friendship with a woman whose family life, situation and circumstances would not allow her to see or talk with me, it would not be acceptable. But she had always cosidered me someone special she always wants to reveal things and talk to. This relationship remained always secret and so much valuable to me. Thank you Queen Hermie for the interesting post .....
@naadia (830)
i never involved in such unusual friendship.but i know someone who marry a girl who is mute and deaf.i really appreciate that person.not many people do this!also heard there are many cases such that a old woman marries young man!