An Apple A Day...

@tentwo67 (3384)
There may be something to this old saying after all. I have heard more and more about the health benefits of eating at least one apple a day. It's fiber rich and good for you and filling and delicious. It can be a great addition to a weight loss plan. Now this is all music to my ears because I happen to love apples, particularly a good crunchy Granny Smith apples, and I try to make sure I drink plenty of water and eat at least one apple each day. I'm not faithful every single day, nor about exercising, and so I can't say that I've seen tremendous results yet, but I have faith in this approach. Has anyone tried to make sure they have an apple a day, and how has it impacted your health/diet?
@Sushicook (691)
• Sweden
An apple a day would be a great thing to start with! We have apples all year round here, and even though I haven't noticed any major health benefits yet an apple sure gets my apetite going before dinner. :D
@tentwo67 (3384)
I find, when I'm faithful about eating an apple in the morning that it kind of stabilizes my appetite and keeps me from going for junk food quite as readily.
@sukumar794 (5047)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
An apple a day might keep the doctor away ...but we do not have apples throughout the year . Ours is not an apple growing region and we depend on other eastern states for our requirements . Hence the alternative would be keeping the doctor away by other means. LOL.
@tentwo67 (3384)
Funny... I'm sure we depend on other regions for most if not all of our apples here too (South Alabama), but I continue buying and enjoying them! But it is not my sole "keep the doctor away" strategy either!