What do you battle in yourself

I had always known that the hardest enemy one could encounter is herself. I personally believe in this. I had been battling with myself for a long period of time. With frustrations, with impatience, with broken hearts and many more. How about you? What kind of battle are you into with your own self?
Mine is not knowing me anymore. With everything I do for others, including our four children, I never take the time to get really into myself. That's my inner self, being lost.
@senthil2k (1501)
The only thing that I battle with myself, is to control the anger I get, when I see someone, especially the close ones, doing some terrible mistakes out of carelessness, which they would have easily avoided. They do that even after the repeated advise from me and guidance from me on how to do them perfectly.
@nangel78 (1458)
I am trying to keep from screwing up left and right now. It is an everyday struggle for me that I want to get over. I am talking major screwups, not the minor oh no big deal ones. I just hope one day I can get my head in a better place again to not screw up. I know I will never be the same again, but I would like to get to a point where I am not doing stupid stuff left and right.
@makingpots (11922)
My personal battle is that I am entirely too hard on myself. I look at everything I do and think of how it could have been done better. Or, I avoid doing things if I don't feel it will be perfect when I get it done. It is a horrible carry over from my childhood. Which is a stupid excuse because I am 41 and should have conquerred this by now. Good discussion.
I did have a lot of battle with myself. Mostly when I'm about to decide something I found very hard to decide. There has been a lot of time when I wanted something, but at the same time I know I wouldn't want it for my own good and other people's good. Sometimes the battle go endless as well. A simple example would be when I was having stomachache, and I have the urge to eat ice cream at the same time. Of course, eating ice cream would make my stomachache worse. I know that. On the other hand, i really wanna eat ice cream and I think I won't be happy before eating it. At this kinda moment, that will depend on how bad my stomachache is. IF really bad, then the ice cream will have to wait. If not so bad, probably I will just go for it. That's just a simple battle of me and myself. There are still a lot more,, such as when you have to choose between the one you love or the one who loves you, choosing to buy something you want but might not be useful for you, etc. The hardest part is to fight my laziness. There has been thousands of times when I want to do my homework or assignments or start studying for my exam, but at the same time I feel too lazy. This is the hardest to win, I guess. Normally I will end up playing games or chatting with friends or browse the net. :D
@sid556 (31006)
you are so right. I am my own biggest critic...I am always trying to improve myself and i will say it is a never ending battle. I never seem to quite live up to my own self-imposed standards. One of the hardest of all challenges is to forgive myself when I have messed up.
@misheleen73 (6037)
I battle with my self esteem. I don't think nearly enough of myself. I constantly scrutinize my appearance, my judgment, everything. I tend to think people don't like me. I could go on and on. I have been this way since childhood, and I am working to get better. I need to learn to like myself, and I like myself ok. I am not worried whether people like me or not. Actually I could care less if they do. I just tend to be a pessimist and instead of thinking everyone likes me until they have a reason not to, I think they don't like me until i have proof that they do. I know, I don't make much sense, but that's me in a nutshell.
@maddysmommy (16236)
The only battle I have with myself is my weight and I am slowly doing something about it and already have lost a little bit. It's nice when others notice and they tell you so :) makes me want to do better and keep at it!
i would't call it a battle you are who you are you can always find ways to better yourself, but i believe in focusing on the positive and with that work on bettering yourself
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Some of my past I wish I could forget but I guess it is also part of getting older also. Like being married to a man that cheated on me with in a year. I am glad we never had kids or anything.
@TerryZ (22085)
Well for me Im not a very patient person.LOL I really try to be but I just cant do it.LOL Oh well at least Im trying.Hahahahah
@mummymo (23709)
I fight my temper quite often - I am usually quite patient and easy going but there are times when I can fly off the handle and I don't like that so I am constantly resisting it! The other thing I have to watch is my sarcastic sense of humour!xxx
@makingpots (11922)
Oh, but we love your sarcastic sense of humor, mummymo!!
@mummymo (23709)
Thank you sweety - you always know how to make me feel good about myself! xxx
@williamjisir (22905)
The biggest enemy is youself. This is what I think. If we can overcome any difficulties that we come across, we will be the greatest winner in life and work. Therefore we have to face bravely the enemy that comes from our mind.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I think I am battling with alot of things in my life but mainly the frustration of not having what I want when I want it. I have to wait for things to happen on their own. That is just madding sometimes.
I am always having a difficulty to fight my own fear. I am not confident with myself and I always have doubts about how far am I able to do something. Many of my friends said that I am far better than other people but because of my lack in confidence I tend to let things pass me by. I hope I will be able to overcome this problem and live more happily.
@sunshinecup (7881)
Self doubt. I am consumed with little confidence in myself and continuously question my every decision. I drive myself nuts with it as well as hubby. He gets on me to stick with a choice and stand behind it. If it's wrong so what, that's life, if it's right, be proud. However that is easier said than done.
@xiuluoelly (1225)
My poor self-control, I found the first of things, very difficult to change,Sometimes a firm determination to do things, it is difficult to do so , and I recently was slimming, originally planned not to eat this evening, but I bought a bread to eat..lol...
The various demons inside me, which I fight continuously sometime or the other: Impatience Intolerance Anger Pettiness Selfishness Arrogance Back-biting Dishonesty Daydreaming Laziness Timidity Gullible Frustration Depression Craving for food Craving for the good things in life But thank God for one thing, I am NOT JEALOUS! I may feel depressed at not having achieved something like the Joneses, but i am not a compulsively jealously person.
@dbhattji (2507)
I have an ongoing battle with myself for being lazy and getting up late in the morning because I feel that i am loosing two precious hours of my life when I could have done a lot.
@rawm13 (51)
I think i have alot of battles going on within me. The biggest battle, i think is whether i wanna be a lazy person and not work so hard and still cruise through life by being happy go lucky, or to put my talents and body and mind and dedicate time and effort to earn alot of money, gd results, fit body, healthy lifestyle etc etc.. There will be times when i feel inspired, and be hardworking in whatever aspects for a period of time, then suddenly, will lose the drive..and think "work so hard for what?" I have no idea which side of me will prevail in the end...and i dunno what end to myself i want such that i will not regret it when i'm old... Live with no regrets, does that mean do the best in whatever you can while you can, or does it mean to keep yourself happy with what you have throughout your life?