A message to your Countrymen

If ever you will be given the change to deliver a short message to your fellow citizens, what message would you like to give them?
@michecu (637)
Hm, excellent question!!! I guess I want to tell my fellow Filipinos to stand and show the world what we Filipinos are truly made of. We are smart, intelligent, diligent and sincere citizens. With this qualities, I think we can make a major change to contribute to the progress of our nation. I think that the problem we are undergoing right now are due to the fact the many Filipinos are dwelling on the "Bahala na" attitued and many others only keep on criticizing the government (oh, crab mentality!) but they haven't really done anything for the welfare of their fellowmen. What would shouting in the streets do? Propaganda...well, i guess, it will catch the attention of the concerned people, but after getting that what's next? Well, those corrupt and self-serving officials had learned to close their eyes and ears, so nothing really happens... The more we beg the government for attention to our needs, the more the government takes the opportunity to use this for their own interest. We need to empower ourselves and no longer rely on "padrinos"...it's the root of all abuse and corruption, i believe. If we teach the masses to stand on their own, earn a decent living on their own and stop clinging to politicians for their needs, then we will be able to cut the ties that's making these "trapos" powerful. Again, i belive that each of us Filipinos is born with enough intelligence, diligence, and sincerety in order to be able to empower ourselves and change the system that is running in our government. Amen.
You are very correct. We Filipinos have many skills but sometimes we do not use them t contribute to the nation. I hope that the corrupt politicians would stop corrupting the nation's fund that should be used in developing the Filipino Citizens and our nation.
@DJ9020 (1596)
I would urge them all to travel, to see other places and the way other people live, really live, not the touristy places. Then come home, see what all we have here. If there is something right, celebrate it and support it. If there is something wrong, do something to make it right. Like JFK said, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. And I would add, for your family, for your friends and neighbors.
Wow that a very nice and noble idea. I hope everyone tries this. Especially the country leaders.
@kaplya (1578)
let's keep our natural sense of endurance towards others and giving space to new ideas, still alive!!
• Pakistan
I would say that " kindly dont fight like bulls. Create situation of love for your country, by your country and of your country and also for your nation.
@beckish (587)
I would say, "Make decisions based on your own conscience, not on what people around you are saying. Stand tall and be a leader, not a follower. Make positive change, rather than accepting bad laws and wrong choices simply because they are presented by the government. Protect our Constitution and exhilarate in being free."
I would say Thank You for risking you lifes for the rest of us.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Well, I guess I would want to say that we should set a good example to the rest of the citizens by always doing something for the community that will help benefits everyone overall.
@KrisNY (7609)
Wow—I think I would say- Can’t we stop the fighting and bickering amongst ourselves- I know we all have different views and beliefs but we need to stand united- Stop all the Anti- this and that- and lets promote peace- Support our troops- Help their families- God Bless the USA
i think this has something to do with the SONA hehe.. well if i have to say something i say, dont get blinded with promises..grow up by choosing the right poltician for our country's sake..do not let polticians by them by gifts and money for their votes..its time they open their eyes to what is right for this country..GROW UP FILIPINO's..
@JBrulez (663)
To all my kababyan out there.... I just want to say let us all be proud of what we have and what we are.. No matter how hard life is here in our country, let us all be united and live a life of honesty and humilty.. We should respect each other and give each other a chance because thats the only way we can attain peace and prosperity here in our land.. And to all Politicians out there,,, plz do your work with honesty and always remember that the people have trusted you to make a change in our society.. Lastly,, to all my Kababayan here in mylot, Gudluck to all of us...thats all.(:
My message will be about how to help Mother Earth, how to preserve natural things, and how to be back on basic. We are always depending on modern technology, but when disaster comes and there are no electricity, what will happen to us. I will share my knowledge regarding this, and hopefully i can give fruitfull information that many of us can apply.