Why would you dump a Friend

What would be the big reason for you to dump a person whom you treat as a friend?
@TerryZ (22146)
For me the only thing that would make me dump a friend would be if they lied to me or stole from me. If people do that to you they cant be trusted.
I agree. 2 thumbs up.
@tombiz (2039)
I agree with you. It always hurt when a person we consider as a good and close friend lied to us. Because we are expecting that of all the people in this earth, friends should be the one to protect our interest and not the one to be going againts us. It happened to mea lot of times before. Friends betrayed me and there was really one who stole cash from me (P7500 I could still remember that amount. I left him in my place for me to do some errands, when I came back he was already gone with a certain note to forgive him. Oh well, it all blew me away. It crushed my view on friendship altogether. It was really terrible. The feeling inside of me at that time was like a volcano ready for eruption. I must tell you that when friends are betraying us, the pain really stayed for a while and could be all-consuming if left unchecked.
@sid556 (31018)
You always make me think deeply here!. i have to say that deciet would cause me to consider dumping a good friend. I am really loyal to my friends. It would have to be a big slur. I am also very forgiving. I have some very amazing friends and we are all very close. I think if one were to have an affair with my boyfriend...that would most definitly alter the friendship permanently. Hmm...honestly can't think of anything beyond that tho Im sure there must be something. i don't even want to think about it.
Did I always make you think deep. LOL. Nice comment. I think that would be my reason also.
@aprilgrl (4460)
I would never dump my friend if they treat me terrible I still say they are my friend but don't like the way they treat me but I forgive them.
You are a very kind hearted person.
Betrayal of my trust, either with my secrets or my man. Just not acceptable.
I also wouldnt like to keep a friend who has betrayed my trust. Especially those who were parading my secrets.
@wolfie34 (26881)
I am actually doing just that! This particular friend has controlled, manipulated and used me as a sounding board, he's offloaded to me about work, life, everything, he has driven me into a breakdown and he's contributed to my deep depression, he also expects to live off me if he loses his job, now that constitutes as reason enough to dump a friend, wouldn't you say?
If your friend is like that, he deserves to be dumped with out even giving it a second thought.
@kitty1234 (1476)
I would dump a friend if I caught them in a serious lie...little white lies are okay but if they did something to me and then lied about it, I definately would not consider them my friend.
I too would dump a friend if the lie she made was somewhat serious.
@diillu (5130)
The reason that would make me dump my friend would be cheating. I cannot toally if anyone is cheating on me. I can forgive any mistake but cheating really gets on my nerves. I feel really bad if someone cheats on me. It's like they are making me fool and I don't even know. So, I can forgive any mistakes of my friends but not if they are cheating on me. This implies on my relationship too.
i think i did that! i said to this one person that she's no longer welcome in our house, its not about what she did to me but what she did to my father...things i cannot tolerate is betrayal, and a liar,
@blackbriar (9126)
I hate liars with a passion so that would be the number 1 reason I end a friendship. Small lies are nothing but whoppers that really hurt ppl are the ones I'm talking about.
@jal1948 (1361)
One reason would be ifhe/she was taking you for granted and constantly taking un due advantage of me,another reason if he/she does not keep secrets
@EvanHunter (4030)
being unfaithful as a friend I have only a few select friends and those that I do I guard with my life and feel the same about them.
@kaplya (1578)
for selfishness and deceiving nature! these are two factors which i don't want to see inn my friends and if i dump them this would be the reason!:)
@tombiz (2039)
Good question there, my friend. Recently, I had a very sad encounters with people whom I considered to be my close friends. I had been with them in their times of great needs, I am a person who could not easily know to a friend especially if I known I can still extend some help. Unfortunately, some of my friends had never valued me and my help that adequately. Some had never fulfilled their promises while others had the courage to criticized me infront of my other friends (who in turn told me about it!). Oh well, I was expecting at least even a small amount of loyalty and decency from them. All of them failed me. But all through these times, I had never totally dumped a friend. I could be so angry at one time but eventually I do forgave people. But there was one I really had to dumped for the sake of my sanity. This friend stayed in my place for four month free and ate what I had. He even was able to borrow from me a certain amount of money with a promise top pay it on installment weekly. Unfortunately, after many months, he failed with the prpmise and leave my place. When I tried to collect the money from him, all I got were rebuff and angry rhetorics as if to scare me away. This I could not already tolerate. I mean this is already too much. But overall I think I am a good and forgiving friend.
@sandwedge (1341)
backstabbing, wife stealing, dognapper,off key karaoke singing, money stealing pig!
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I would dump a friend when they are mean to me and do stuff behind my back like talking about me.
@KrisNY (7609)
I don’t try to dump friends- unless they are constantly hurting me- Lying to me- talking behind my back- doing things I don’t think are nice- etc. And before doing this I would talk to them and see what was going on to make them act this way.
@Willowlady (10666)
At this site hitting the negative button would be good grounds for dismissal. In real life continued lying would be the breaker. Also if they never had a kind word to say to you, that is not a friend. Then if someone steals from you then they are not a friend at all. These are simple things, there are other ways to end a frienship for doing, saying or acting.
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
I never dump a friend in my whole life. I like to have more friends thats why I joined here in mylot to meet new friends even I can't see them in person at least I knew that I have a friend. Maybe if that will happen the reasons is she betrayed me or done me a lot of things that I cannot take anymore.
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
I have actovely dumped a group of friends. The rason was that I overheard them having a conversation about me. One told a lie and the others just went along with her and gossiped. None of them said anything about it to me. The worst thing someone can do in my mind is to lie and to betray trust. I have not regretted stopping seeing these people one minute. I need trustworthy truthful people around me. If they have something to say I would like them to speak directly to me.
@abroji (3247)
When a person whom we considered a friend deciet us or stab us from the behind we loose trust upon that person and we have no other way but to cut that friendship. However that necessarily need not make us to hate that person. Trust is the basic necessity for any mutual relation. Thank you hersmart4ever.