Do you still keep your childhood toys?

@LittleMel (14055)
I still have my childhood doll. It's the smallest and ugliest among other dolls I was given, but I still keep it and love it. I might even take it to my grave. I've got more than 5 dolls all my life, all animals, I guess I'm no barbie girl. What about you? Do you keep your childhood toys and take care of them?
@kimthedane (1000)
• Denmark
You bring tears running down my check. I would have kept my childhood toys, had it not been because it was all destroyed in a house fire 6-7 years ago. Now thinking of it there are loads of it i am missing, + you cannot ignore the effection value. May the rest in play in toy heaven. :) Greetings.
@LittleMel (14055)
that's true. the memory and affection, I really love my doll. I always do, since the first time I got it.
• Denmark
I Miss my old matchbox car collection the most. Would probably still play with them if i still had'em. :(
@LittleMel (14055)
I never see those. my brothers might have.
@pyewacket (44036)
I only have one childhood toy, and that is my stuffed Kangeroo that has a pouch for her baby...still have both...I must have been given them when I was only about three or four years old, so as you can imagine, it's not exactly in the best condition...but can't bear to part with it....want to have something of my childhood...Mmm..my mom used to always get Barbie dolls for me too...never was too keen on dolls either....the one toy I really loved getting was a full Lionel train set complete with a caboose with a giraffe's head that bob up and down...sadly that's long gone...I used to play with it so much I burned out the motor!!
@LittleMel (14055)
I can imagine the fun. I love train toys too, but never got it. I got plastic brick instead, I don't know what you call them here. You got whole lot in a box all colorful then you build something with that. I wouldn't mind kangaroo doll, especially with the baby
@pyewacket (44036)
Image of colorful Legos - picture of legos toy building blocks
Are you talking about Legos? Here's a picture
@LittleMel (14055)
OMG YES that's THEM! Oh my I'm jumping with joy already, as if I had them here in front of me :):)
@Buchi_bulla (8299)
In my childhood not many toys were bought. Only wooden ones which we gave away to relative's children. I feel I should have kept them.
@LittleMel (14055)
I know how you feel. My nephew used to sneak into my room play with my crafts and then my dolls and sleep on my bed. I was going to let him have the dolls, but I just couldn't do that.
I don't have one toy from childhood..I believe our toys were passed down..When we outgrew them they went in attic untill the next baby came aboard and the toys were re=used.;)
@LittleMel (14055)
that's beautiful. the toys are some kind of memory box, where everybody's childhood memory are stored.
I have 3 toys that my mother kept from my childhood. She gave these to me a few years ago. I have a dancing doll. She is about 4 ft tall with elastic bands under her feet, you attach the bands to your feet hold her hands and she dances with you. I have a small doll that I slept with as a baby and a what I call a popcorn popper. It is a push toy with a handle, wheels, a bubble with colored balls that pop up when the pushed. To tell you the truth, they looks so old and shabby that I have been thinking of throwing the toys out. I haven't made up my mind yet. They are all wrapped in plastic and were in sad shape when she gave them to me.
@LittleMel (14055)
the dancing one I think you can get someone repair it to better condition and use it as keepsake, unless you want to sell it.
@suspenseful (40316)
I moved so many times, that the toys I had as a small child, have gone. If we had remained in England, and in the same house, I would still have my toys, but Dad took us to Canada. I did have porcelain doll that I loved when we were living in Vancouver. That was before the Dress Me dolls. I also had a teddy bear which got lost in the sewer. But most of my toys disappeared after my Mother passed.
@LittleMel (14055)
sorry for your loss. I guess when you moved out, your parents thought they could buy you new ones so your old toys were just left behind.
@stealthy (8188)
I used to have a lot of my childhood toys. Then a toy collecter dealer came through town and had a big event buying old toys. I sold several to him for over $300. I probably could have gotten a little more if I had had the time and connetions to sell them to individual collectors. I tried finding some collectors on the internet without a lot of success.
@LittleMel (14055)
oh so you sold the memories for money? that's sad. I can't do that to my special doll
@arcidy (5016)
Yeah I usally keep all my child hood toys I think its good to go back to them and remember the times when you use to play with them of course I dont like giving up my child hood toys im very attached to all of my child hood stuff like im sure a lot of people are I keep them in a closet and will save them for my kids and maybe theyll enjoy it someday.
@LittleMel (14055)
I don't know if my kids (if I ever have any) will love my doll the way I do. my nephew kept sitting on it, so I took it back from him
@men82in (1270)
Not only toys I am keeping special toys for my each and every life changing occasions.
@LittleMel (14055)
you must've had some collections
@KATRINKA (1659)
I have only one doll that used to belong to my mother. I'm not even sure how I acquired it. I used to have a Mrs. Beasley doll, which was my favorite toy growing up. But several years ago, while I was moving, I finally got rid of the doll. I kept restuffing her and sewing up her limbs. Most of my toys I have passed down to my nieces.
@LittleMel (14055)
there must be a long trail of memories the doll had, since it belonged to your mother too. that's too bad you don't have it anymore
@KATRINKA (1659)
Thanks for responding. And since I haven't had contact with my mother in years, I will never know the stories connected with the doll. Ah Well...
@LittleMel (14055)
sorry to hear you lost contact with your mother, my friend, but at least your nieces still have your other toys full of memories of your childhood
@bam001 (941)
I think I might have one or two of them. I think the Fisher Price Roly Poly Apple is still at my parent's house. I also have a couple of stuffed animals that are well over 30 years old. How they survived all this time I'll never know!
@LittleMel (14055)
30 years? you must have taken care of them well, or at least kept them safe all this time
@lols189 (4797)
i have about 2 toys from when i was a child. i keep them for memories
@LittleMel (14055)
that's why I keep mine. It sure has a lot of memories
@shinjiao (1464)
Hi,LittleMel! I still have a stuffed Micky Mouse.This is the first stuffed Micky Mouse I got in my childhood,I still love it and keep it in my cabinet.I like stuffed toys and this stuffed Micky Mouse was one of my collections.
@LittleMel (14055)
if you take care of it, you might be able to make money from Disney toys
@lani0529 (1726)
Hello Mel!(",) I don't. I don't have a single toy now that I enjoy playing when I was a kid. It doesn't mean that I don't take care of my toys. There were times that I gave them up and let younger kids play it for me until it became lost. I'm also not fond of barbie dolls because I make my own paper dolls and make dresses for them. Have a great day!(",)
@LittleMel (14055)
that's nice of you giving them away so that other kids can play too
@horsesrule (1960)
I only have a few toys from when I was a kid. I have a couple of stuffed animals. One a teddy bear and one a bulldog named Woof Woof. I was a toddler when I got those. I have a few horse statues from when I was a bit older and played with my horses and farm animals. I wish I had more toys from when I was a kid because I had some really cool ones. But sadly, when I got older, they went into one of mom and dad's yard sales.
@LittleMel (14055)
it's sad to lose childhood toys. we have a few boardgames we'd like to sell, but they're not childhood toys.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I still have a few of my childhood toys. I'm 58, so I guess they're considered antiques, lol. I have my little china tea set that my grandmother gave me when I was very little, and I also have a large doll that I got for Christmas the year I turned 5. I have a few other little toys too. They're all packed away for now. If I ever get a granddaughter I'm sure she'd love the little tea set.
@LittleMel (14055)
oh wow you might get a good price for the tea set at the antique market
@shambuca (2560)
oh yea- i still have battleship and my little fisherprice house and even some barbie dolls.
@LittleMel (14055)
what kind of battleship? my brother used to play with cars but didn't keep any of them
@mindyja25 (181)
I have a few things some barbies and some dolls. I use to say my little girl will have them one day but I had a boy and I don't think I will have anymore kids, but I will still hold on to them just in case you never know what life might send your way later in life.
@LittleMel (14055)
well you're still young, who knows you might adopt a litle girl or somehow you have your own
I kept one of my dolls (Cabbage Patch), and my baby quilt. But I think all the rest were handed down or given away. I make sure I keep all my kids' favorite toys or ones that may be worth something later. My son was really into Thomas the Tank Engine and Star Wars, so I kept a bunch of them. My daughter was into Sesame Street, Blue Clues and Dora so I kept some of those toys. I guess it all depends on your parents and how much room they had as to whether you got to keep your toys once you didn't play with them any longer.
@LittleMel (14055)
that's very nice of you, keeping your children's toys. Among my siblings, I am the only one who still love to keep my dolls, so it's not a problem space-wise
Nah, not toys. Just my blankie. I love that thing! okay...it gets cold...and thats when it feels GREAT against my skin and it always smells so good. I love it lol www.freewebs.com/tdcforum .::you're not the only one::.
@LittleMel (14055)
that's funny I found my baby blanket many years ago and I love it too! not as much as my doll, but still love it