I do not want to get married!

@alnilam (969)
I have no wish to get married, i see no point of marriage... what about you what does marriage represent to you?
@rosie_123 (6118)
I am totally in agreement with you. I have lived with my partner for 20 years now - we are 100% committed to each other, - and have absolutely no intention of ever getting married! To me - the love between two people is exactly that - between those TWO people, and no one else. You don't need a piece of paper from the State to tell you to trust and be faithful to each other. You only need to love and respect yourselves.
@alnilam (969)
you mentioned 100 committed and an idea pooped into my mind. do you think there is less cheating involved in these kind of relationships, because both partners feel free in a way?
@rosie_123 (6118)
Well actually I think you could be right. If two people live together, then they are free to leave at any time, - they don't "have" to stay together for convention, the Church, or fear of bringing "shame" on their families - so their relationship is totally based on the fact that they WANT to stay together, not because they HAVE to. So - yes - cheating may happen less, though of course, as we are mere human beings, cheating is always going to happen to some people in all cases. Interesting thought though!
@secretbear (19464)
i live in a catholic country where marriage is an important sacrament in one's life. i have imagined myself being married to someone and the only thought i like was the act of marching to the altar. ^__^;; i do imagine myself with kids and the father of them but whenever i think of waking up every morning with the same face, the same breath beside me, i get bored and tired. LOL and i will start to think that if we're not married then there's excuse to sleep in a separate bed whenever we want or not see each other for sometime or even get separated that easily. LOL im a liberated girl and im open to things. i dont like being tied to traditional, conservative and often strict rules of the society which only man made up. i like being free and deciding on myself. ^__^
@alnilam (969)
i guess the marriage does that... you get the felling that you must do something now, as you said sleep in the same room.
I have no intention to marry either. I have been with my partner for 19 years now and we do not need a piece of paper or a ring on our fingers to prove we love each other. We are not religious, so getting married in a registery office does not do alot for me anyway. I think also, after so many years together now, getting married may jinx the relationship. I have heard of so many couples marrying after living together for years and within a year they are divorced!! Good luck in your decision, have fun!!
@alnilam (969)
i agree with you... i guess marriage can make some additional pressure... since i am an atheist too a marriage does not make a difference too... i mean i would have it only because of the party hehe joke
If you have the resolve, it will surely benefit you if you will stay single because it could spare you from many difficulties in life. But if you could find the right person, it not a problem too if people decide to marry. Marriage is the union of two souls who believes that they are destined for each other. It also makes bearing children legal.
@alnilam (969)
yes maybe it is easier for the child. but that is if you intend to have one.