Would you want to be omnipotent? all knowing? etc etc?

If a genie came to you and asked, and gave you this wish, that you could only accept or reject, what would you do? would you really want to be omnipotent?
Thankfully, this will never happen. Just imagine how some people would use such power! Thankfully only the living, perfect God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. He cannot make mistakes. He can only act in accordance with His divine, perfect nature. I would not want to be omnipotent or omniscient. I believe that would make life boring by taking away challenges and potential. Life is an adventure. Life lived in a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is the ultimate adventure. I am completely happy with my life as it it.
but the thing is everything would be neutral, you wouldn't be bored
There would be no challenges. There would be no potential. It would be useless to aim for goals. There would be no competition. Take away those things and there is only boredom. We grow through challenges. Only people who are satisfied to do nothing would want such a thing.
you wouldnt have any feelings tho, because everything cancels itself out.. you would be a complete neutral being. you wouldnt be bored because that is a negative. you would be completely neutral in every way.
@BethTN81 (564)
Fighting, I have a question for you. If you or would like me to create a seperate discussion on this, that is fine, but I would love to know your point of view on this topic. Where do we go when we die? Do our souls leave our bodies and dwell in a place of limbo? Do we have the ability to "haunt" after we die, as in not leaving this world once we take our last breath? Do we go to heaven or hell or are our souls "recycled"? This is actually a topic I am uncertain about. I was taught to believe when we die, our souls leave our bodies and we go to a "waiting" place until Jesus comes. I have also heard so many stories about ghosts and haunts and the afterlife. What do you think? I guess I am curious what your viewpoint is bc you are athiest. Although, none of us really know until we die what happens. Then it is too late to tell people lol. Don't worry, I will not contradict your opinion on this matter like I have in the other discussion. This is a topic I am not to educated on. Just want to know what you think. Thanks :)
the true answer is, i have no idea. i dont know what happens, and i dont claim that other worlds exist. i have absolutely no idea.. the problem i have with religion is, that they claim to know and they are ignorant about this very problem.. oyea, when we die, we wait for judgment day and we goto heaven.. really, does that make any sense? there are so many philosophical problems and questions that need to be addressed with that story, but the answers from religion are blank. (questions like, does god judge? why would he want to end something he started? what happens after we go to heaven? will we be bored in heaven? etc etc). To be religious, means, to be ignorant of all other theories.. (religion does not mean theist) since you are asking for my BELIEF, the first thing i always point out is that its a belief, and its subject to change at anytime without notice, because it does not have a base, like all beliefs. scientific facts have bases, and when contradictions happen, they go through a debate until finally one theory beats out another. this is a huge subject to talk about, because, nobody has any answers.. so now i am thinking, as i have in the past about this subject, what does happen when you die? I think im going to write a long answer and start a new discussion there because i have a lot of different BELIEFS about this subject..
http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1220029.aspx
@BethTN81 (564)
ok thank you
@loralee (542)
Hell yeah! I would most-likely be an absent type of omnipotent one for I would definitely want to explore the multitude of universes beyond this one. Oh wait, would the genie make me omnipotent in just this universe or in each and every one of the multiverses?
hmm, well, since i dont accept string theory as a valid scientific theory, id say that you would be the ruler of the 10th dimension, so thats like all universes..
oh, and there would be no point of exploration because you know everything lol
@loralee (542)
Dag nabbit! And I was hopin' I could meet up with fellow omnipresent beings.
@BethTN81 (564)
I dunno, i would rather be all knowing than pretend to be all knowing and do nothing but show ignorance in the process :)
weak..
I wouldn't want to be omnipotent. It would be boring. Just think of it. You would know what you were getting for your birthday,the score the game, the secret plots of shows and movies. You would never have the element of surprise, ever.That would be boring for you and frustrating for your love ones.Half the fun of giving a gift is that the person doesn't know what it is.If I could only except one wish, besides the obvious more wishes, I would choose a cure for Aids.
@Latrivia (2889)
If I were omnipotent and omniscient, then that would mean I would know what would happen in the future, and would have the power to change it. That would mean I could even stop the end of the world, if I wanted. It would be nice to use my infinite knowledge to always make A's on tests, and my infinite power to make a reality every dream I ever had. However, with great power comes great responsibility, and I wouldn't want such a responsibility. I would reject that wish.
@agnescav (566)
Hell no! there is only one person I want to control and if I could control him, what would be the sense in that! Looks like I just gave the Biblicists all they need, sorry!