on and off dsl connection

exhausted - im very exhausted
@Zelmarq (11507)
Cebu City, Philippines
What a day, its so hard to work with an intermitent dsl connection. I am working here as customer service officer and its one of the hard and difficult days when theres a dsl technical adjustment. As early as 7am today I have been exhausted with the many calls coming in, complaining about dsl connection. Wow, what a great welcome for me, this early subscribers have been shouting, some are just calm and some are just impatient. Im just praying for patience here, its a wonderful saturday morning and I want to enjoy but the problem is that we have dsl problem. I dont know why people could be so harsh and so mad when they dont have dsl connection. I know they are always right and should demand good service but I just wish our connection would be ok soon. I a trying to laugh things out and try not to be affected by their blows of discontent and would not take it personally, coz if I don, I know it would also affect the kind of service that I am giving my subscribers.
@whyaskq (7553)
Ahah.. I see you are working for an ISP. Understand the frustrations involved, especially when the internet is down. I am not sure if it is a global problem, but it seems I am having some slight slowness in connection too... perhaps because of the rain, the cables also want to rest. LOL.
@Zelmarq (11507)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, i am working for an ISP, its really frustarting and sometimes bringing to my breaking strength. Today I promised not to get too affected with the proble. I have made intervals with my calls. I decided to get 10 calls at a time and rest for a couple of minutes just to calm myself in between 10 calls. I also tried laughing to those who went overboard and shouted at the top of their voice, its expected to happen when the internet cafes get affected by our dsl problem.
@whyaskq (7553)
I hope you have a nice day :)
@Zelmarq (11507)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I am trying to have one whyaskq, thanks alot.
Try to keep in mind that a lot of those customers may be trying to work and the dsl down time is keeping them from earning their money and that can be extremely frustrating and costly for them. Just think how you would feel if what your livelihood depends on isn't working and keeping you from earning a pay check that means having rent money and food money and bill money. I know it's no fun for you but try to put yourself in their place and treat them the way you would want to be treated.
@Zelmarq (11507)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Ok i got your point loud and clear, can you also try to put your self on my shoes, how does it feel to be cursed upon and shouted and belittled. I hope ou understand what I mean.
Oh, I understand your point, too. I've worked in customer service for years and getting yelled at is no fun. The best thing you can do is try to get them to calm down and the best way I know to do that is to tell them you understand why they are so upset and that you understand their frustration and would love to help if you could. If possible, try to use humor or get them laughing by telling them a story if your company will allow you. If you can diffuse their anger, especially with humor, not only will they feel better but you will have saved a customer and maybe even save their life if they have high blood pressure. For those who insist on being ugly, just let it roll off your back and ignore it and realize that they aren't angry with you but at the situation.
@maddysmommy (16243)
Sorry to hear that Zelmarq. I do hope something is done about it soon. Hang in there and I like your attitude, trying to be nice and kind and not to blow your top. :):)
@Zelmarq (11507)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you, I make sound so easy but its a real struggle but I know its the best way to hang on and be calm I know the It people are doing their best to help.
@worldwise1 (14890)
Many people are just rude, Zelmarq. It doesn't matter what the situation is, they won't change. I applaud you for holding on to your patience and good humor in the face of so much distress. It is a result of the society today. People want what they want when they want it. They don't care if it inconveniences another human being. You would think they should know that technology is imperfect, and, as such, is subject to failure at some time.