Are you a prisoner to a habit ???? even if weird, share it with us here .....

Saudi Arabia
Are you a prisoner 2 a habit?? Some are addicted 2 smoking, some bla bla. As for me, I have this habit when I read a book or a newspaper, I must have a snack next to me, mostly I don't eat a lot but still I need 2 feel it right there. I am trying train myself 2 read without, but haven't been very successful till this very moment. What about you guys, do you have a habit you can't break free from???
I am a prisoner to many habbits, some may concider bad, Too bad, but I don't think i wanna break free of any of them. I wouldn't have made them a habit in the 1st place if i didn't like them.
• Saudi Arabia
Ha ha valid point my friend but hey even if they are many, name one or two, share it with us here and let us see, awaiting your response ....
Ha ha ok, just 2 important ones that really pi$$ some poeple off. 1- I love looking @ my refelction on ANY surface @ anytime i may find , not just a mirror. My ex hated it when i did that. She got so jealous! 2- I love smoking FULL STOP. but i really do enjoy it in closed places like bathrooms, where there is no ventelation present. my boss told me not 2 do it in the office washrooms cuz it Pisses him off when he finds a cloud of smoke flaoting in the air. And he knows it's me cuz i smoke pure tabbaco, not any kind of ciggies.. :D
@apsara60 (6613)
• Israel
so much smoking.....no wonder your replies smell of tabacco.....lol. You better stop smoking by midnight today or you will turn into Frog.....:D
@jal1948 (1361)
i have a habit of reading any and every thing,books newspapers,magazines and that to thoroughly takes away a lot of my time and restricts me from doing other things.
• Saudi Arabia
This is real cool. I so much respect that. I mean reading has become less popular with the heavy use of the internet nowadays. The only thing you may have 2 do is try 2 allocate time for the other stuff as well so you won't feel isolated from your surroundings.
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hey. Yes I will say, Im a prisoner to keeping our house clean, as I cant stand mess, also trying to keep the washing machine empty for at least 3 days at the beginning of the week, which is hard, but I still find myself trying lol...
• Saudi Arabia
I know how it goes, my aunt is like that, she is obsessed with keeping everything shiny and clean in her house, honestly it isn't a bad thing as long as you don't overdo it coz it will turn out 2 be hard on you. Allowing a minimun level of mess is healthy sometimes .. weird right ? Thank you for your response ...
@apsara60 (6613)
• Israel
You reminded me of my childhood days. It sounds funny, but my daddy and my two brothers and myself, we all were addicted to read comics specially while having our lunch or dinner. comics of Richi Rich, Archies and phantom and Manderk the magicians ........lol....as if they added more taste to our food.......but now things have changed.....just no time to sit and relax.....now a days I am addicted to tea and that too which sugar....trying my best to stop sugar, but I cannot, and thank God I still don't have diabities.....lol.
• Saudi Arabia
That's a habit of mine as well, I am addicted 2 Batman's comics, you just can't imagine, they are with me even in the bathroom, yoy know, at this age of mine I used 2 feel kinda embarrassed but that's me, Batman comic lover. BTW Archie is real cool, I love Jughead :D Thanks for your response, lookin forward 2 hear more from you.
i have a habbit that is pretty much the opposite of yours, when eating something, usually breakfast, i have to read something, i don't know why i guess it just makes the whole experience of eating better. But it is not a habbit i really want to break free from.
• Saudi Arabia
Well is it the opposite really ? or are they two sides of the coin ? Thank you for your participation cruz ...
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
I have this horrible habit of biting my lip when I concentrate a lot. The problem is I am absolutely unaware of it until my lip goes numb only then I realize I have been biting it! It must look awful as well and very difficult to 'cure' myself, so I have asked my husband to help me, but when I'm alone it is a different and difficult one:)
• Saudi Arabia
Hi there Annie .... Is it only when you concentrate ? or does it happen when others talk with you as well ? I am not quite sure if it is sign of nervousness or not, I don't know, but I have seen a friend of my mine, she always bites her lips, for instance she talks then when it is my turn 2 talk she bites her lips. She is 35 years old but I started seeing her developing this habit recently recently. If it is something that happens every not and then it is okey but if it becomes a habit, it would definately be noticed. I don't know how 2 cure it but I guess the only way is pressing on yourself to stop whenever you feel ur teeth touched ur lips, it won't be easy but with time, you'll get used to not biting ur lips. U must depend on urself on this one coz ur husband won't be around all the time. I will try to look up something on that regard for you .... Thank you very much for your valuable response my dear friend.
@puchapox (583)
I guess I am. My day won't officially begin until I drink a cup of coffee and it won't end until I drink another cup. I feel really empty without drinking coffee, and I can't remember the last time I went a whole day without a cup. :)
• Saudi Arabia
I hear you. Coffee or let me say Caffeine as I said above is nothing but addiction. I used 2 do the same, I can't start my day without my early morning cup of coffee but I have stopped that and switched 2 tea and even with tea I eat something first then I take my tea. To tell you the truth, my recommendation is: i am not asking you 2 stop coffee but eat something first in the morning and try 2 reduce the amount of coffee per day, I guess it would be better for your stomach and for your health in general. Thank you for your response .....
@horsesrule (1962)
I really have to start my day, every morning with a giant cup of iced tea. I don't care if there's snow outside, I gotta have my sweetened iced tea with some ice cubes in it. And I like it strong. I don't drink coffee so I guess the tea is just my pick me up, start to my day!
• Saudi Arabia
Hi I always have hot tea with my breakfast but I don't take it with my stomach they say it is not recommended 2 drink tea, coffee or let me say caffeine beverage (coffee, tea, cocoa, ..) with ur stomach empty. A lot of people may like iced tea but I myself don't like it that much, I have always preferred the conventional warm cup of tea. Anyway, I guess your body has got used 2 that dosage at the same time every morning. Your biological clock is set 2 that. Caffeine is really an addiction. Thank you for the response .....