Do you give blood?

@kitty1234 (1476)
Do you donate blood? I go at least 3 times a year to donate my blood to the blood bank, hopefully to help save a life....
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hey. No I dont give blood and I dont think I want too either... Giving blood is not my thing...
@kitty1234 (1476)
its a personal choice! Thanks for your response
@tuffy999 (794)
how i wish i can. but due to some medications i am taking i am not qualified to donate. Keep up the good work, Kitty
@kitty1234 (1476)
TY and sorry you have a medical problem, but your kind thoughts are welcomed by many! Thanks for your response!
no i havent yet but thanks for reminding me though :)
@kitty1234 (1476)
It does help! Thanks for your response!
I do not give blood because I do nothave much blood to give. I am low blood and even I lack strength. I always envy people who can help other people throught this way because they are healthy and strong. I am sometimes frustrated with my health but I am trying to cope with it.
@kitty1234 (1476)
Hope you feel better soon, eat a lot of iron rich foods and drink plenty of water to build your blood. Thanks for the response.
@jlara_gtr34 (3493)
hi there! ;0 i really appreciate the fact that you are donating blood at least three times a year. i mean, you just dont know how much lives you say by doing so. unfortunately, i am really scared of needles, and so i dont really donate blood. its kinda sad, but i guess i can do my own share of doing good things in some other way. :)
@kitty1234 (1476)
Everyone has their own way of helping out Thanks for your response!
@suspenseful (40326)
No I don't. I have a very common blood type and there is more than enough to go around. Most of the Blood Clinics here want rare blood types like that of my husband's. Besides I was a bad girl and had gotten Vd so am not sure if my blood would be acceptable. NO I do not have HIV OR AIDS but it could be one of the lesser known Vd diseases might prevent me from giving blood.
@kitty1234 (1476)
Tanks for your honest and thoughtful response!
@RedCore (325)
No kitty, i havent done this .. N i hope i'll do this in my entire life. But ur doing a good job n i hope everyone follows u.. u carry on..
@kitty1234 (1476)
Thanks for your response!
@lkbooi (16102)
I did donate blood many times. I used to donate blood once or twice in a year. After I had told by my friend that the blood donated is kept in the blood bank. The blood in the bank would be expired if it was kept there over six months. This will be wasting if the blood is not used in time. The best way is to donate blood to someone at the spot for the patient but not to save blood in the blood bank. Though it’s not convenient this can save much blood due to long storage.
@kitty1234 (1476)
The blood rarely stays in the bank more than a week, as it is used by hospitals everyday. thanks for your response!
@williamjisir (22909)
I would like to, but I have two fears. One is that I am afraid of any injection, the other is I am afraid of the the needle and tube for the injection. I am afraid to be infected.
@kitty1234 (1476)
Many people are afraid of the needles, so not to worry! The equipment they use to get blood is new and never bee used before so the giver cannot get infected. thanks for your response!