I got electrocuted when I was 6 years old....

Electrocuted - I got electrocuted
@Zelmarq (11509)
Cebu City, Philippines
July 28, 2007 8:02pm CST
I got electrocuted when I was 6 years old. I was proudly studying my lessons when I was in kindergarten,i was sitting comfortably on top of the old big stero, having fun drwaing and coloring the what I draw. The accidentally i dropped my pencil and went down to get it, since it was dropped near the back part it was dark and I could not see anything, I just palced my hand and to my surprise, there was a great impact near my heart and then I saw my hand with wires stucked and smoke coming out and i was like shaking. Father was there to the rescue and managed to pull the plug and the shaking eneded with the wires still on my left hand. It was a terrifying experience for me and the wound was still here, the scar is like a map on my left hand more or less 1and a hald inch, a reminder of an accident at a very young age. Is there a long term effect from electrocution?Hapy mylotting.
5 people like this
13 responses
@kimyat24 (42)
• Philippines
29 Jul 07
ew... it must have been so painful, what a pity since yoy were so young to have experience such... but to me, getting by 45 volts is normal since i worked at a tlephone company... i can really feel those 45 volts in me during i get to do some installation or switch related trouble shooting... i know its not healthy but that is what i do for a living after all...
2 people like this
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
Yes it was painful , im just glad that I have survived the accident. Is 45 volts ok with the human body, I do hope you are not getting any side effects. Better be careful with that I have heard that others cant bear children, i heard is only those who have been electrocuted heavely.
• United States
29 Jul 07
Thank God you survived it! With that type of shock, I'm amazed they didn't have to rush you to the emergency room. I'm not at all surprised that you have a scar. And, I don't know if there are any long term effects or not. You seem to communicate alright. There is a differentiation in the way you write English because of your native language, I assume, but that's not a big deal unless you are writing something more formal and you can get help with that. Since all I know of you is here on myLot, I only know that you seem to be just fine to me.
2 people like this
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
Yes, Im very much thankful that I surivied and I have lived after that shocjing event in my life. I was immediately brought to the hospital, they only gave an ointment for the wound, it was aburn scar and its still here.
@vivrenpar (595)
• Canada
29 Jul 07
That must have been so horrible at such a young age. I don't know if there would be long term effects unless it caused nerve damage. What kind of long term effects are you worried about?
2 people like this
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
Yes, its still very fesh from my mind but Im glad I am just normal.
@pinklilly (3446)
• Australia
30 Jul 07
I electricuted myself when I was 15 I was cleaning my little fan heater in my bedroom, and forgot to unplug it and thought I had already done so and conitued to pull it apart and clean it the inide fell out into my hand and and I pushed it back in and nothing happend and then it came out again but this time it lit up and electricuted me It pushed me back and I shook and screamed at the top of my voice MUM she came running in as I managed to throw it off me... She rushed me to the Doctors as I had severe burns and in shock... My dad was in the Lounge room and asked what was wrong but we lied and told him it was a spider and left pretending to go to the shop because we knew how he would react to the truth... I was lucky that I wasn't wearing my rings that I usually wore as they were many and large ones that wraped aroung my fingers.... I still have the scares from it and had many flashes after the experience and since than had being near electric devices that could do harm, Toasters and hair dryers ect, they creep me out..... I think it's going to happen again..... When it happened I even saw my self being electricuted it felt as though I was floating above my body watching, until I managed to throw it off, oh and the smoke, It's made me sick and scared reliving the experience....
1 person likes this
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
Thats was a scary story you got here.Its true after an expereince like this we cant help to have phobia with the things that we associate with those things. Just dont force yourself to get near them its normal to have those fears.
@pinklilly (3446)
• Australia
1 Aug 07
Thanks, I still have flashbacks of it occasionally and it freaks me out. I'm paranoid when it comes to electricity...........
@pinklilly (3446)
• Australia
18 Aug 07
Thank you zelmarq for the Best Response
@jaichen (142)
• Philippines
29 Jul 07
i had the same experience too, the only difference is that, i don't know what went in my head.. what i did was, i sitting on the stairs and i was wondering if the electric plug has power or none, so what i did was, i got two nails and struck it to the plug and it was too late to realize how stupid i am and i was electrocuted, i never did it again!
• Philippines
30 Jul 07
well frankly who wasn't hehe most percentage of babies or little kids experience a minor electrecution maybe, perhaps its their curiousity that triggers them to eat touch whatever they see but not unless if they were told not to do so maybe.
1 person likes this
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
yes, in my case it was an accident, I didnt know that there were defective wires that have caused me getting hurt. Hope you have a nice day.
@kgwat70 (13398)
• United States
30 Jul 07
I have never been electrocuted before and hope that it never happens. I am sure it had to hurt and you are fortunate to still be alive. I have heard of others getting electrocuted and it seems like they came out of it okay and have had no long last effects. I am sure that you will be fine and have nothing to worry about. Just be careful during storms.
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
Thats good that you never expereinced it, i was one unlucky child that it happened to me. At least I have learned to be very careful when it comes to electricity coz If will not be careful i will suffer in the end.
@vanities (11336)
• Davao, Philippines
30 Jul 07
yewah i agreed with it is indeed a terrifying experience..and it is expected that what happened then will still in your mind and it will never erase since there is a scar on it..maybe fear, is one of the long term effect on it..i dont know on physical effects...
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
Its true that i have developed fear when it comes to electricity but I am thankful that I was able to get over it when I matured and have accepted the fact that things like that happen but not to all. Hope you have a nice day.
@sunshinecup (7882)
29 Jul 07
Oh I just cringed reading your story, that was terrible indeed. I wonder why the breaker didn't blow from that? Anyway, no there is not long term effect besides a scar that I know of. I think once it's over, then it's over.
1 person likes this
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
I didnt have any idea about breakers and stuff like that, all I can remember was the scenes where the eyes can see other than that I dont have any idea.
@williamjisir (22909)
• China
29 Jul 07
I am so sorry for the electrocution that you experienced at a young age. It is so scary and the feeling is for sure too terrible to experience. I hope that there is no side effect.
1 person likes this
@Zelmarq (11509)
• Cebu City, Philippines
30 Jul 07
Of course it was a scary, its still so fresh in my mind, all the scenes flashed through like a movie in my mind.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
• India
30 Jul 07
it must have been a traumatic experience as a child!! i remember, getting electrocuted once while i was ironing. but then, that was not severe and i recovered soon.
1 person likes this
• India
30 Jul 07
hahah cool storu u have........just joke.ok
1 person likes this
@balasri (26577)
• India
30 Jul 07
I got shocked reading your experience.Pun not intended.When I was about 10 years old my mum took me to one of our family friends' shop of electrical appliances.There was a gramophone playing and as the song was over the arm with the needle gently moved back to the position.I got so curios to know what made that plate sing and began probing under the arm where the needle is.I got a pinprick plus shock and a bang from my mum on my back.Since that day I am very very careful before placing my finger anywhere.ha ha.