Have you posted a particular discussion - then later regretted the act?

I guess in my case - there're two discussions which I regretted posting. One which expressed most of my opinions and righteous beliefs that provoked a lot of accusatory and angry responses from the mylot folks... and the other one which expressed my anger about this particular person that resulted to people practically scolding me about human rights. I know I've been true to myself here in mylot.. But sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it. People hammering me about how $*#@ I am about *@$% stuff.. Sometimes I can't stand it. Although there're good and valuable lessons which I learned from getting scolded and insulted at. :) Oh, and part of that lesson is for me to know how to be careful with my words... It isn't me who's reading my discussion. So thanks to those who (whether intentionally or not) made me learn all these.. How about you? Hope you'll spend a minute to share some experiences. Thanks a lot! :)
@Calais (10900)
Oh yes, plenty of times, but unfortuntely there is no delete button, so i suppose its stuck there, and hopefully no one responds the these old discussions.
ditto on that..
Yes actually; the discussion that won't go away I call it. There is nothing controversial about mine but I just which it would go away. I wonder if we all have a discussion like that?
"I wonder if we all have a discussion like that?" I think we all do. I mean there are times when we post discussions for which we think are okay - but then we feel suddenly shocked or surprised because some folks took it the wrong way or simply disagreed about it.. then hammered you on and on about how-could-yous and you-just-don't-knows. Later on you'd just wish it'll go away... It's kind of sick, but in that way we learn something. Haha.. Either we learn something from their expressed opinions.. or we learn to be more careful in posting our discussions. Thanks for responding to my discussion, CoffeeAnyone. I'd like to have a cup. :)
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I've regretted posting discussions for different reasons. It seems like every time I post a discussion about something really happy, something bad happens. For example, I had a discussion that went something like "I'm Peter Pan, I can fly on the power of happy thoughts" because I was in an incredibly good mood at the time, and then my son had a seizure that same day! There were a couple of others like that, but that's the one that I really remember. So now I'm a little nervous about starting excessively happy discussions. I have started a couple discussions on the topic of religion that have got some serious argument going, but I just bow out when I feel it's getting too rude. That's the nice think about being online, you can always just log out and walk away.
"It seems like every time I post a discussion about something really happy, something bad happens." That's probably just a coincidence. Not a happy one, though. But if you feel that it happens constantly whenever you post too happy discussions... Hehe.. If that happens to me, I'd probably stop posting too happy discussions, too. "I have started a couple discussions on the topic of religion that have got some serious argument going." Yup, ditto on that. I guess discussions such as religion or politics can cause fiery arguements - and mind you, it won't stop until one is satisfied that he or she wins the arguement. I, too, have encountered series of furious arguements because of beliefs and so on.. It's kind of irritating, really. But better walk away and leave it be. Thanks for responding to my discussion, lecanis. :)
@onlinebiz (119)
Whenever I start a discussion or blog, I will always put in mind that there are people who are going to be reading it, thus, helping me to be careful with what I am going to be writing. Regards, Adrienne http://www.e-marketinghub.com http://www.e-marketing-systems.com
no i will never regret for what i have done