Is it worth having many refferals ?

Should i spend time to have my friends join here or just do my part of the work here....i heard refferlas generally dont work as much as we do and the time spent in making them join here is not worth it.
@surveygrrl (1270)
I think it is definitely worth having refferals if they actually participate. I have 3 refferals and 1 is a pretty busy member. They earned me over $1 this month alone the last time I looked.
@chargoans (940)
I wish I could obtain more referrals. I only have one who actually signed up and she is not very active. I usually earn a penny a day from her. But if I could find 9 more of those, then that would be a dime earned per day that I didn't have to expel energy for! :-)
@Ruhana (129)
I also read in myLot site that if I have referral I will get 25% of their earning. I have no referral as yet but I am a referral and my referee getting 25% extra from my earning and this amount not deducted from my earning - I am trying for referral and hope will get active referral.
Yes but its better if you ensure that the person you reffered is an active Mylotters. Actually you won't earn any if they do not earn. That's why its better if you choose or reffered those who are willing to post and participate in the Mylot discussion. I have tried refferals before if I'm not mistaken. Though I only got 3, I earn as much as they do. Because they were really active and participative.