I Will Send You Flowers.....

Indonesia
I cant believe this. My birthday just pass without my hubby around. Since I am chinese, I can celebrate my birthday according chinese calender and fortunately it hasant passed. My hubby also told me that he would not pass it. Today he said he couldnt be back soon. I think he will miss this time too. He kept saying that my birthday will be soon, but I said that I knew he would not come home on time. And he just said..." I will ask people to send you flowers "... This is not making so happy. Is that gift so important always? Can people just be happy only for gifts? What do you prefer? Gifts or attendance?
@dimaks (786)
• Japan
well i would prefer both but that's only if its possible. otherwise, any of them would be enough. you and your husband must talk about his missing of the special dates in your life as a couple. just try to dedicate time to talk and resolve on how to get through the challenge you are facing. after all, you are husband and wife and you should settle things before it gets too complicated and you can't handle things anymore. good luck to both of you.
Actually he wont take it seriously if we talk either. Its been his habit for the beginning. Fortunately I am not a demanding wife. I can deal with his habit eventhough sometimes I do mind.
I prefer attendance or if it could be both... Its much better if its both... However in your case, its very different. And its difficult to judge your hubby. He might be busy but he can still send a gift to you or either way he can do something when he comes back to make things up to you. Though the specific day is the special day that he should be with you, you still have to consider his reasons. And if his reasons were not valid, you might need to talk to him...
I know he is busy but mostly he always busy during special days. I sometimes find this is weird. And there will be no more making up for things that passed.