If you could do one thing different,what would it be?

@RobinJ (2501)
Good morning Friends, If you could do one thing different what would it be.My first thought would have been I would have never married the man I did, BUT I wouldn't have my children. So I will have to think further on this. So my question is what would you have changed, it can be any thing, body part, relationship, physical location or what ever. I would love to hear for all of you. Robin
@weemam (13389)
Hiya Robin , iwish I had stood up for myself more when I was younger , I wish I had been able to say no sometimes I think I actually said no to someone for the first time last week , I explainecd I couldn't do something I had been asked to do ( they had someone else who could do it so I wasn't leaving them in the lurch) , That is the only thing I would change , I would love to have changed the illnesses in my family but then that was the impossible xx
@RobinJ (2501)
From some one that didn't have an ounce of self esteem i do so understand your dilemma and standing up for ourselves is good and I am so glad you were able to do it. First step in looking after your self. If you don't I don't know who will. and unfortunately you have parents that count on you, and that is enough , and for some people way to much, I have to commend your dedication and caring it is not an easy path you have chosen to walk.
@weemam (13389)
Thanks Robin . I have just learned that I have to say no to others sometimes now as I have commitments xxxxxxxx
Robin, I often think I would have gone to school instead of having children first, but in reality when I had children I was not mature enough for college. I think I would not have stoped college.
@RobinJ (2501)
Thank you I admire anyone that has a good self knowledge, and is able to work with it. You knowing that you were not mature enough to go to college is great. Not that many people have this ability and would give an excuse instead,Well done and thanks for the input
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
If I could do one thing different in my life, it would be to have been more assertive and confident in myself when I was young. I was always a "soft touch" if you know what I mean, and I paid the price for it many times! I have finally achieved it, but it has taken me many years to get there!
@RobinJ (2501)
Hi Abby good to hear from you, and I have to agree that is a biggie in my life as well it took me until I was 57 years old to learn that art,before that I hated confrontation of any sort and would run away from it.Now I know how to be assertive and not aggressive, so I am able to stand up for myself. good on for you
@Grandmaof2 (7604)
without a doubt I would have never married the second time around. I can't believe how stupid I really was and I'm paying hard for that mistake. Thank You for this post I think being able to admitt and say the way it is helps me a lot. Take care
@RobinJ (2501)
Its so good to hear from you, Sometimes it takes us a couple of times at bat to get the idea behind the game. Keep the lesson and forget the rest. And yes admitting one's mistakes it refreshing and healthy. Good on for you.
@wolfie34 (26881)
For me that is easy, I would tell my first partner where to go and where to stick their offer, if I had of said NO instead of yes then I wouldn't be in the mess (past tense) I was in NOW! It would have saved 9 years of entrapment and manipulation and being controlled. But I have broken out of that chain now, but I a simple NO instead of yes would have made all the difference back then!
@RobinJ (2501)
As I have said before keep the lesson and let the rest sink and a few yahoo's and yippee would not be amiss as it is going under for the last time, Well done Wolfie.