Cooking

@Trace86 (5034)
I made the dinner, put the leftovers away and did the dishes. How is that fair? All he did was eat it. When I bring it up to him, he says to leave the dishes and he'll do them later on. His idea of later and mine differ greatly. I want them done before bed. Before the food dries and hardens into cement. He means he will wash them before HE needs to use the pan, which will be never because I do the cooking!
@stephcjh (32328)
That sounds like my household. I want the stuff done and put away when we are done eating. I can't stand messes. My daughter used to not eat so she wouldn't have to help. I gave her the job whether she eats or not to load the dishwasher. She doesn't have many chores and my husband and I work our rearends off and buy her things.
@Trace86 (5034)
Why do children think that just because we gave birth to them, they are entitled to anything they want and don't have to contribute a thing to the household? It is a big deal if my 20 year-old stepson washes his own dish when he makes himself something to eat.
@stephcjh (32328)
I don't know. I have wandered that also. My daughter thinks everything should be handed to her on a silver platter and she doesn't have to do a thing for it. I think most children these days think that way. there is only a few of them who do have respect for their parents. I have tried to teach my daughter well but it hasn't fully sunk in yet.
@dopey22girl (3326)
Lol my boyfriend and I are moving in together tomorrow, and I hope we don't end up having a problem like this! It sounds like you need to sit down with him and have a serious talk about how you feel that what he's doing isn't fair, and you're doing too much of the work. If that doesn't work, then simply stop making dinner. Or stop washing the dishes. If he asks you why, tell him now he knows how it feels.
@tad1fan (3373)
LOL!I wish I could relate with you here......I work,hubby stays home and every night at 5 P.M supper is served to me and the dishes are done......
@Trace86 (5034)
I work too. He works 830-430 and I work 7-330.It just seems like dinner is always my responsibility though. Today is my day off and he offered to pick up dinner on the way home! Shock the house!
@tad1fan (3373)
LOL.....but it's being picked up......I guess it IS the thought that counts......
@jmcafam (2891)
That is to funny. I know what you are going threw. My hubby does the same thing but he does clean his own dish when he feels like it. He does the whole I will clean it later thing and it ends up being me that has to do it in the end because I need to cook with the items left in the sink. There are times when I don't even eat what I made and I still have to clean it, just aggravating. There are times he won't make something for himself because he does not want to have to wash a dish, now that is bad.
@Trace86 (5034)
That is how my stepson is. He will eat microwave popcorn because it doesn't make any dishes. I just wish he would bring my dishes out of his room. I feel like I am missing a bunch of dishes. I won't go in his room though, the smell would make me hurl.
@KrisNY (7592)
The typical rant of the woman in the relationship- I don’t think it is fair- I don’t stand for it- My sig. other helps out a lot- He cooks a lot- My daughter also helps- she sets the table and clears the table- I even leave the dishes from time to time and he does them in the morning- When he is off work- I’d let them pile up a few times and then maybe he will be more helpful!
@punlonnjack (1309)
I would be mad and discuss this issue with him..I had to tell my husband over and over until it got it.It was no eay task he tought i was being mean.I told him it was my pet peave and he needed to help me out. I told him i wouldnt cook anymore and I did stop for awhile..Believe me it worked he likes his food way to much to not get dinner. He doesnt like to cook like I do. Hope that helps.
@brendalee (6083)
I believe that household chores should be shared. In the past, my boyfriend and I cooked together and then cleaned up together. Now he makes the dinner and I do the cleanup. But he is a really messy cook. Getting him to do anything else is difficult. I always get the "I'll do it later" speech too.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Gee, does THAT ever sound familiar, lol. Must be a guy thing...I've never really met one that actually did the dishes before they turned to cement, and most of them don't seem to want to do them at all. I'm with you, I'd much rather get the meal done & over with, put away, and the dishes cleaned before bedtime the latest. I could never stand to let them sit there until morning and wake up to a mess before the day even starts. I feel for you, been there! When I was married my hubby used to leave the table before I was even done eating, and he'd always just leave his plate, etc, just like I was his waitress or something, lol. (Too bad he never left a tip!)
@wiccania (3360)
Tomorrow, ask him what's for dinner.