I bought a stamp at the post office and paid with 3 acorns....

@Feona1962 (7527)
I went to the post office a little while ago. I had 2 dollars but only needed one stamp. Well, I felt bad just buying one so I asked the guy to give me 3 or 4 or whatever I could get from the 2 dollars..He asks me if I have a nickel, and I said, "No, but I do have 3 acorns from my grandson." I showed him the acorns and he said, "that will work." He says, "I have to take them, they are from your grandson." He took the 3 acorns and I told him that he couldn't throw them away...He said he wouldn't..Just before I walked away I said, "Where did you put them, as I look over the counter...He said, "I put them in my dish here where they will be safe...I said, "okay, because my grandson gave me those...Then he tells me I better take them back and I did take two of them, but told him he had to keep at least one..This way he would know who gave it to him the next time I came in..So he says, Real Loud, "It's the Acorn Lady." Everyone laughed....I bought 5 stamps for $2.00 and 1 acorn...Pretty cool, huh!!! I just had to share this....
@Calais (10900)
Hehehehe..Thats pretty cool !!!! You wouldnt come across that everyday... Now we know that you are nuts ....
@Feona1962 (7527)
You are such a meany...acorns, nuts, I get it...hahahahahaha....
@Feona1962 (7527)
Don't make me go postal...LOL
@Calais (10900)
Dont stamp your feet at me, I thought that you would envelope your emotions and send expressly away..
@Lakota12 (42684)
well How great we call you the acorn lady from now on? he he . and how nice of him to let you do that if I did that here they would look at like me as if I were crazy and tell me I had to have cash money!
@Feona1962 (7527)
That is funny...I only needed a nickel so I guess he felt sorry for me. LOL..
@Lakota12 (42684)
yup I beleive so .
Very cool. He might sell it to the next squirrel who come in. LOL
@Feona1962 (7527)
Now, that is funny....
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Hehe, that's a really cute story! Thanks so much for sharing! I've never bought anything with acorns, but when I was a little kid there was one restaurant that I went to that I found out as an adult was always charging me the wrong prices for things, so that I could afford to buy more than I really could. I often didn't have anything to eat at home, so I would come in with whatever small amount of change I had managed to scrounge and order mini-cheeseburgers... and the lady would always be like "oh there's a special today you get fries too" or "Oh here's your change, they're on special" and I remember thinking "Wow, this place has a lot of specials" until I grew up and found out how sorry that lady had felt for me, and how that had been her way of helping. =)
@Feona1962 (7527)
Thank you...Your story is very nice also..What a wonderful person that lady was...she was very special...
@TerryZ (22083)
Oh Feona that is adorable! I love it! Yeap now you will be know as the acorn lady. So get used to it.LOL Thanks for sharing with us.
@Feona1962 (7527)
Thank you and now when I go to the post office they will say, "How are you, Acorn Lady." Maybe I should have T-shirts made...LOL