Panic Attacks

@Cortney (3982)
do you get them? when i am really stressed out or have not had any sleep i get them.. they are scary.
I use to get them. I try my hardest not to stress cz thats when they begin. i got them really bad, i could hardly breathe.
@Cortney (3982)
I definately understand.. It is hard not to stress... i try not to .. but do it all the time.. I take xanex for my blood pressure.. but they give me extra a mth and when I feel an attack coming on I was told to use it.. they keep me calmer.. i used to be very hyperactive.
@mauldinmama (1502)
the thing I hate worse is when I wake up afraid, panic, overwhelmed and cant think what it is I have to do that day!!!!! I havent had one in awhile but they're scary when they happen....thanks for the question!
@Cortney (3982)
they are scary mauldinmama.. thank you for posting
@kiwidipa (2854)
yes, and they are quite annoying, i lol, want to try one of those brown paper bag thingys and see if that works sometimes
@Cortney (3982)
I have never tried that
@deeds14 (815)
That forces you to breathe in your own carbon monoxide, it's not good for you. Medication is safe!
@Cortney (3982)
you bring up a good point.. and I did a little research on that... that is only for hyperventolating Thanks deeds14 .. medication is best
hi there i get panic attacks all the time and yes they are scary. What i do is try and control my breathing by breathing into a brown paper bag good luck i wish you all the best
@Cortney (3982)
they are very scary.. thank you shadowprincess for responding
@deeds14 (815)
Oh yes, I've had them for most of my life. But, I didn't know what they were! My anxiety got really bad last year and I had trouble breathing and had this sense of dread all the time. I've had chest pains for years, too. Have you gone to therapy or taken medications? A combination of both is the best treatment for anxiety or depression. I have used both and it feels so much better for the anxiety to lifted a little!
@Cortney (3982)
thank you for sharing deeds14 I agree.. therapy and medications help
Yes. I do get them. Usually it is when I try to go to sleep. I feel like I can't breathe. I try to get a deep breath in but can't. Or sometimes when I am eating, I will feel like I am going to choke on my food or I can't swallow. They are scary.
@Cortney (3982)
I hope that you can get them under control. They are very scary. I have to keep my mind busy on other things.. I find that it helps me not have them as often Thank you for sharing
@saphire539 (1641)
yes i have gotten panic attacks before what happens to you when you get them it is really scary i get where i can't breath
@Cortney (3982)
me either.. it is amazing how a lot of people do get them. I never had one until I got older. thank you for sharing with us.
@happygal68 (3277)
Yes, I get them when I have to drive on the really busy highways. Not sure why I get them when doing this, but for some reason I do. ~Remember to give out +'s when it's deserved & select best responses. It helps us all out ;-]
@Cortney (3982)
happygal68.. my hubby gets them when he has to drive over bridges. thank you for your response.. i always use my ratings.. you are so true.. it does help everyone out
@denax1 (708)
I haven't been diagnosed with them, but I think I get them. I'm like you where it seems to happen if I'm really stressed or haven't had enough sleep. They are definetly scary.
@Cortney (3982)
denax1 they are scary.. i have medication for them Thanks for responding