I Really Like Helen Mirren

@worldwise1 (14887)
I first was exposed to the talent of Helen Mirren when the Prime Suspect series began on PBS. I have been a fan ever since. I think she is such a strong woman(even when the character she is portraying has feet of clay). It's great to see a mature woman who is confident with who she is.
@MsTickle (24962)
I like her as well and like you first became aware of her in prime Suspect. I liked her character...strong but she had her weaknesses as well. She has done some fabulous work and I wish I had more opportunity to see her work. I also think Meryl Streep is superb as an actress, becoming her role in a brilliant way. Also, I like the women in the current run of crime series, CSI and Cold Case to name a couple. The women are very strong and can stand up to the bad guys without fear but they still retain their femininity. I reckon they are brilliant role models.
@worldwise1 (14887)
It's always good to see strong women who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in, Ms Tickle. I raised four daughters and taught them to be like this.
@mummymo (23707)
She is a fantastic actress worldwise and so comfortable in her own skin - a real role model to us all! xxx
@worldwise1 (14887)
I totally agree, mummymo. She is a REAL woman. The kind I like to think I am.
@di44ito (496)
• Bulgaria
I also love her. I haven`t seen prime suspect, because on my country there is no television who aired it and i can`t find it nowhere, but i loved her when i watched National treasure. Her role wasn`t a realy big one, but she did it great. She is really a strong woman like you said and i love the way she acts. For me she has an amazing voice and she looks great for her age. I admire her a lot.