What is your normal reaction on meeting a stranger face t o face?

By Nic
@academic2 (7010)
Uganda
I usually study the stranger for a while or allow him make the first move to give me room for more accurate personality assessment! I rarely start getting too involved with people i dont know! A friend of mine shared a bus seat with a stranger, without getting time to know who he was seated with, he got too involved, sharing even family matters. Soon the stranger picked a cake from his bag and gave a piece to this friend of mine-little did he know that there was a sedative in the cake, he slept off and by the time he woke up, all his personal effects and money were gone! That has left me very suspicious of strangers!
@williamjisir (22905)
This story of yours reminds me of the same thing in China. I used to hear people talk about this. You didn't know how surprised I felt when I read this story of yours. I never expected it to happen in a foreign country, especially in the US.
@academic2 (7010)
• Uganda
Am not in America williamjisir, am Ugandan and this friend of mine was travelling from Kampala to Nairobi-Kenya, East Africa
I am sorry to have made a mistake, my dear friend.
@suspenseful (40316)
I would say, 'Excuse me!" because it is obvious that he or she just bumped into me. But I would never share any personal information with a stranger nor take any food from him, unless we went to a cafe and he offered to pay for the coffee. At which, I would refuse, unless he or she insisted. Then it would only be on the assumption that we found out that we were neighbors or one of us knew someone the other knew. In other words, there was the potential of becoming acquaintances.
@academic2 (7010)
• Uganda
I like your approach-especially the "excuse me" bit LOL! I think there is nothing better than that-just excuse yourself from a stranger until you are sure he infact, is a neighbour with a clean record!