What do you do when you are jealous

Do you just keep quiet? Do you confront your partner? Do you investigate? What do you do?
@sunshinecup (7882)
I search to see if I have reasons to be or am I just being silly. Sometimes our own emotions are caused by us purely, so I have to see if it's me and why. I try to understand why I am jealous, do I feel threatened by this other person(s) and why? When that is done and I feel the same way, I talk to my hubby about it and ask him to stop what ever it is. He does and it's over. But I have only been jealous with him on two occasions once when he seemed to have a better time around his friends than me (the conclusion was all me and not him) and the second was this twit getting way to friendly with him. That one was him, and he dropped contact with her the very moment I spoke my concerns.
• Portugal
If I'm jealous, I just keep quite. My partner may know if I got jealous because I will not say something to him. Then if he notice my silence and understand why, I start to investigate, and next will be the confrontation. :)
@teleios (738)
the first time i got jealous i got home and laid on my bed and started all these conversations in my head. sound like a not very sane thing to do right? right! honestly, i felt like i would go crazy from the pain. that's when i realized that i had to break up with my boyfriend, on top of other things, because i dont think i could stand feeling something like that ever again! haha. so that's what i did. that was the first and only time i got jealous, so i guess when the next time rolls around, i'd be breaking up with my next boyfriend... ;(
at times like this i get myself quiet and would never speak about it.i keep it for myself till i find the truth..i must keep my mouth shut before trying to assume things..
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
I believe that a jealous partner needs to realize that they have a problem, admit it to themselves, and seek help.
@pendragon (3354)
Depends on the situation.If I think I'm being crazy, i take the time to work it out in my head.If something comes right out in the open that makes me jealous I confront or investigate depending on the situation.I think it's an awful emotion to deal with.
@miryam (6510)
nothing, i'm not gelous....... i'm sure of myself...........if i wrong...so i change a paryer..eheh,,,,,,,bye myry
@Ricko82 (585)
I keep quiet a lot. I confront a little, and I invistigate only very seldom. I don't know if my English is correct, LOLz... I can't say no more about this topic po.
You said youre quite when youre jealous so I understand if you cant say anything. Youre English is good. It passed the standard.
Ill investigate first, I want to prove if my instinct is right. www.beautifulandhappy.com
well it would depend on the reason behind my jealousy. If i thought my husband was talking to another woman in a way he shouldnt be, you better believe i'd confront him!!! Usually if he makes a comment that someone on TV is HOT to make me jealous, i remind him of all my TV boyfriends as well..LOL or i remind him that A-Rod (Alex Rodriguez-Yankees player) is my actual husband (joke)
If you meant jealous of partner like if my partner was seeing someone else on the sly, then I am not into it. My hubby is such a simpleton that no woman would have extra-marital affairs with him and vice versa. However if case of other jealousies, by God;s grace, I am not a very jealous person. I was, in my growing years when I was immature as per my age. I used to flare up, lose my cool, even cry at the injustice of it all. But now, specially after becoming a mother, I feel the whole world is at peace and I wish success to everybody. Whenever I pray, I tell the Lord to keep my family happy and also to keep all families happy like mine. However, on the very rare occasions when and if I do become jealous, I try to console myself by saying that maybe I am not worth it or that the person requires it more or that even I have so many things which the other person doesn’t have. So it kind of balances out in my mind itself.
@cmsk2005 (1770)
At first I get off totally from interacting with him. But I am not very cool so I can't keep me in that way for long and I just want to tell him atleast something about it so that he can understand what heppened to me and the I wait for him, if he says something about it, try to clear my concept. generally and I feel I am lucky enough that he always comes forward then and try to clear the things. I have never found anything reAL THOUGH AGAINST him, still I get jealous for many small reason very frequently. But its not upto investigation level so I am happy.
@dbhattji (2508)
I keep quite on the outside but my mind gets busy thinking why I feel jealous, am I justified? Is it a sign of inferiority complex? How can I overcome it?
I will usually ask him about the girl. Lol. But i will make sure that i ask in a casual way, and not in a jealous mood. If not I am sure he will get angry at me. Every time my husband understands how I feel and he will explain what is happening into details. I am fortunate to have a husband who is loving and knows what I want. Until now we haven't have any crisis due to party intruder in our married life. Thank God.
my first two years of marriage was really a struggle... i wanted so much to trust my husband but somewhere in my heart there's a ball of doubt.... i pray, pray so hard... i pray the rosary each night, sometimes all the 20 mysteries, so i can sleep, and to ease up the heaviness in my heart... i should say i have reasons... its a long story and i dont know if i can pour out my heart and everybody can read it... i did a little invistigating too, but i realize that's not the way i should handle those things if i want to have a happy and lasting relationship with my husband.. all is settle now.... prayer is really powerful...
@lilaclady (28270)
I think you certainly have to stay observant but certainly not let it show as this is something that will drive someone away fro you, in todays world it is understandable to feel this way, people are so selfish these days they don't care if a person is married with kids they just take what they want and some proplr are very weak when it comes to flirtation but sometimes it is our own insecurities that are over active and sometimes paranoia can set in and one imagines things that just aen't there...best to sit and watch unless one has something definite to be jealous about.
@mgmagana (3621)
oh, i confront and i investigate! i've never found proof of anything, but i do believe my husband.
@abroji (3247)
I don't get jelousy of others. But at times I may get disturbed by the achievements of some persons who are not so attached to me, but I will quickly overcome the emotion quickly by forgetting the matter or engaging myself in my business. There is no chance for a confrontation or developing envy.
@sukumar794 (5047)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Why must you be jealous of any person ...achieving heights of glory...amassing huge wealth...lucky all the time - these are but a few of the many ways of destiny. If you are not blessed with any of these ,better keep silence and live cursing your poor fate . But do not be jealous since nothing is going to be gained out of it.
@jcj_111776 (3221)
When I can't help but feel that way, I usually try to talk myself out of it first. But there was a time, when I can't talk myself out of it, that I checked my husband's wallet and cellphone. But after doing those things, I felt awkward and somehow ashamed of myself. And there was a time, too that I asked him about a girl who kept sending him text messages. I didn't confront him about it, I just asked him in a calm way. He didn't hide anything or gave me any reasons. He just simply said that it's a nurse who kept trying to get his attention at work and he just ignores her.