What topics have you written about at Helium.com ?

@writersedge (22579)
Mine so far: Alternate Therapies Cat Training Christian Beliefs and Culture Cooking Diet, Health and Organic Education Job Financial Planning Fruits and Vegetables Furniture (recycling) Gardening Holiday Crafts Home and Garden Human Resources Motorcycles and Scooter Nutrition and Health Issues Pet Ownership Religion and Spirituality Tea What topics have you written about at Helium? Do you use the same name at Helium? I do. Or do you use a different one?
I have been only focusing on one topic (Beauty & Style) in Helium so far. And I use the name of "Ice Queen" on the articles I wrote on Helium. The reason I want to focus on writing on beauty and style because I kind of want to build a profile out of it and keep practicing my beauty writing there. I might try other categories when I feel more confident later on. Another thing I would love to write would be on travel, that would be so much fun!
@writersedge (22579)
Will you be creating a job portfolio? Or will the profile be for getting into college? Or both? Interesting. Travel would be great fun. Travel, write, travel, write, take the traveling as a tax deduction, I could get into it. Smile. . .. Thank you for giving us more things to think about.
Really? Travel is a tax deduction for you guys? Lucky you! Yes I think travel writing is good, sort of mix the real world and the experience together to make it personal! Yes, it would be too much fun *laughs*.
@writersedge (22579)
It's only a tax deduction if we make a living in part (50%) or entirely (100%) by doing something like writing or selling travel packages for example. Take care Ice Queen.
@agnescav (566)
I mostly write about education and do some of the debates. I did some for the depression contest. That wasn't real smart. Focus on depression for a week, you'll get depressed. Almost caused myself a major breakdown there.
@writersedge (22579)
Oh, I hear you. I did opinion polls/surveys for a company that contracted out to government, business, and health organizations. I spent a rainy week with my arthritis listening to other people talk about their aches and pains about arthritis for a health organization. Normally, I can ignore the pain, but not under those circumstances.
@ctrymuziklvr (11063)
I have never heard of helium.com but I'm going to check it out. Sounds very interesting. I will especially look for topics.
@writersedge (22579)
Helium is where you can type articles. The way you are paid is different from mylot. When people actually read your article, you get paid. It may take a week or two to see any money. But on the other side. They keep your articles for a long, long time. The articles can keep earning. It takes a lot of articles to make very much money. If you join by invitation, then the person you join under can make some money too (like mylot in that way). For every dollar that person makes, you can make a few pennies. If you would like me to invite you, then send me a private message with your email address and two regular names, they ask for all that in the invitation. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, I understand. You can join on your own, I just won't get 5 cents per dollar that you make. Either way is fine with me. I wish they would let people join and then ask them how they learned about it and then I could get paid, but that's not how they do it. If you decide to join, cool, mylot has a spot for helium as an interest. You can write discussions after you join or read what's already written here at mylot about helium. Thank you for your response.