can stress cause chest tightness?

@nic24uk (571)
ive been a bit stressed out lately and my chest feels a bit tight could it be stress causing it?
@livewyre (2455)
Certainly asthmatic conditions are affected by stress amongst other triggers, but you should really seek some serious medical advice if you are concerned, helpful though MyLotters are in general, this is not really the best place to get medical advice - I read a post the other day that recommended a gay man should take testosterone in order to curb his desires - what kind of advice is that??? If you don't have a history of chest/breathing problems, then you should get some proper advice in case you are missing out on treatment that you need.
@livewyre (2455)
I notice that you are UK based, so try NHS direct on the 'phone, they're really helpful....
@myfanwy65 (1030)
I have found that when I am stressed I tense my muscles. All of them, even the ones in my chest. I have to concentrate to be able to relax them. When I am able to do this, the tightness in my chest usually goes away. But, sometimes it comes back quickly. I have to keep relaxing.
@Justme2007 (1848)
Yes and make your head hurt and sometimes make you dizzy. You might not be able to eat,sleep and it could lead up to depression so take care.