Funny Misunderstanding

@Rozie37 (15508)
Turkmenistan
Most misunderstandings are not very funny. In fact, the majority of them can be down right hurtful or embarrassing. But every now and then, one will happen that simply cracks you up. I was just thinking of one such occurance that happen with my then best friend. She was visiting me and we were watching a Michael Jackson video countdown on M.T.V. At the time, I could not get enough of Michael and she preferred Prince. So anyway, she was in the living room where the videos were playing, doing something to her hair in the mirror. For some reason, I don't remember, I was laying on my bed in the next room. I think I may have had a stomach ache and didn't feel like getting up, even for Michael. Anyway, I hollered in to her and asked her what video was playing and she said, "Leave Me Alone." I said, just tell me what video is playing. To which she replied, "Leave Me Alone." By the third time we both had an attitude with each other. Then, the next thing I knew, the television was going up real loud and I could hear Michael Jackson seeing his sone titled, what else? "Leave Me Alone." We laughed and laughed (I more than she) when I realized that she was telling me all along. Have you ever had a funny misunderstanding with someone? If so, tell me about it.
This reminds me of the joke of Whos on First? My son was three years old and we here at a restaurant I was having hot tea, and he saw the packet of honey. He asked me what it was. I told him it was honey. He thought I was calling him honey. We went round and round like that for a few times until he got upset and started crying. I finally realized he thought I was calling him honey. I then explained to him that the contents in the package in the package was called honey. We all had a good laugh after he stoped crying.
@Rozie37 (15508)
• Turkmenistan
That is so cute. It is interesting the way kids cry when they are frustrated and don't know what else to do. I think it is because their vocabulary is so limited that after they have tried so hard, all they have left is crying.
@Flight84 (3050)
Ha ha! That's pretty good Rozie.:) I don't think I've ever had a misunderstanding that turned out to be humorous, but that one is funny. I could just hear you two..."what video is playing?" "Leave me Alone!" Ha! Classic.
@Rozie37 (15508)
• Turkmenistan
Yeah, it was pretty funny and it still is now. I lost touch with that friend when she moved to Seattle Washington. I miss her some time.