Cigarette Smoking May Lower Parkinson's Risk!!!!!

@jess368 (3377)
For all you smokers out there, and you non smokers who criticize us smokers, here is some interesting information. Long-term and current smokers have a lower risk of Parkinson's disease than the general population, researchers say in a report that confirms previous observations that people with Parkinson's disease were less likely to be smokers. here is the link if you wanna read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20070710/hl_hsn/cigarettesmokingmaylowerparkinsonsrisk
@ladybug565 (2217)
yes because parkinsons is so much worse than COPD, see how you feel the first time you truly cant breath, at least your post made me laugh.
@jess368 (3377)
Just an interesting study
thats cool just my thoughts is all. it was defenatly a very interesting study. I am a smoker.
@anonymili (3140)
I hadn't heard that before but I had heard somewhere else that smoking also reduces your chances of getting alzheimers. Now I don't know how true that is but when I mentioned it to a few people when I first heard it, the only response I got from non-smokers was "If you live to be old enough to get alzheimers in the first place eh?" Hmmm sour grapes methinks! x
@jess368 (3377)
My great grandma lived to be 95, and smoked all her life!
@jess368 (3377)
Hmm, so what were they talking about...
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
So you take a chance at getting lung cancer and all that other wonderful stuff to avoid Parkinson's disease, which you may have never gotten in the first place. Sounds good to me, where do I sign up?
@jess368 (3377)
I wouldnt tell someone to start smoking just to prevent Parkinson's disease. Its just one positive for the smokers already out there.
@jess368 (3377)
Well I understand that.