I Used a Word That I shouldn't

@worldwise1 (14887)
I have tried to be very careful about the words I use here in my discussions, so I was shocked earlier today when I tried to post a discussion and got a warning that one of the words I used was not allowed. In fact, this very word was one that a fellow myLotter had mentioned that he used a few days ago and had to edit. My only excuse is that maybe this word got lodged in my mind and I just had to bring it out, lol.
@Feona1962 (7527)
I have done this..I was so mad about my neighbor putting his cat poop in my yard that I actually used another word and mylot caught me..It was the s word..lol
@worldwise1 (14887)
I hear so many seemingly unacceptable words being used on tv nowadays, Feona, that I forget that some words are off-limits. My word wasn't even an expletive.
@Feona1962 (7527)
Then I don't understand what the problem would be. I know if it is an expletive than I can understand...
@Calais (10900)
LOL..I am constantly getting warnings..I usually just get so wrapped up in what I need to write and it happens that quick, then I have to go back and change some words...
@worldwise1 (14887)
It was a new experience for me, Calais, but I will try to be more careful in the future.
@Calais (10900)
LOL..I bet that you got a little shock when it flashed up in red...
@weemam (13377)
this is all so mad lol , I had to put Richard Turpin the highwayman as it wouldn't let me put D**k , I tried to put an a$$ and I couldn't do that either and I am still laughing at a friend who has to put chicken boobs as she couldnt write br**sts , this is so bl**dy daft ( sorry I just had to lol) and yet people can put filth on the tags and get away with it . xxxxxxx
@worldwise1 (14887)
You are so right, weemam. I see some pretty permissive words on her sometimes. Who knew you couldn't use the l-q-or word?
@pyewacket (44036)
I know...the little "editor" here is always at work...sometimes you can get around words by just spelling them a bit differently, like He!!--that isn't the word by any chance is it?? LOL
@worldwise1 (14887)
No that isn't the word, pyewacket. It's used every day when people say they are going to the"l---or" store to buy drinks. Guess The Powers don't want to encourage drinking.
Funny ... so what was the word that you could not use?
I had that happen to me only once. It made no sense to me though she it was a very innocent type of word. But well since words these days have so many different meanings to them, it is sometimes hard to keep up with, and I admire MyLot for not wanting to really offend anyone.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I agree, jeweled, but I could find nothing offensive in the word.
@mummymo (23707)
It is very easy to use an innocent word in a post without realising! I know I have done it quite a few times and often it makes me laugh as I hadn't even thought of the other possible conatations of the word! xxxx