Have you ever witnessed an Eclipse

If yes, what was it? Lunar or Solar? How did you feel then?
@andrejuly84 (1047)
i witnessed a totaly solar eclipse on (11?) august 1999.it was wonderful, it was something spectaculos viewed by all the people in my country and from other where this could be seen.i was 15 years old at that time and was a very important experience.i think it wouldn't be another totaly solar eclipse during my life so it was an unique experience to see the night coming in the middle of the day while looking at the sun with special glasses.i think those glasses still exist now at my grandma's house from the country
Yeah I agree. It was truly wonderful.
@Calais (10900)
Yes, only as a child I remember a solar eclipse..I didnt really know what was going on and I can remember everyone just saying dont look at the sun, and it was very frightening.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Both I remember when I'm still in highschool we witnessed solar exclipse and we use negative films so that we can see what will happen and so that our eyes will be protected. Lunar clipse I can't remember how many times I witnessed it but I do saw that both.
@arvensis (85)
yes it was a solar one,when i saw it (not with naked eyes)i just had a very strange feeling ,i felt as if i was in some ancient age and felt an unholy though adventurous environment around me,but then i was just a child and everybody knows how good imaginative creature the children are!but this feeling was so strong then that i remember and laugh at it even now;).
@beckish (614)
I am pretty sure I remember an eclipse when I was little, but I do not remember much about it. I think I was too young for it to really have had an impact on me. Your topic has, however, inspired me to try to find out when the next eclipse is supposed to happen.
@josan181237 (1205)
yes i have already seen a solar eclipse years ago. we also used negative films to protect our eyes from the bright sun. it was fun to look at because it's not everyday that you see a solar eclipse right? so it was a wondeful experience. i haven't seen a lunar eclipse yet. but i'm looking forward to seeing it hehe. =)
i saw 1 when i was4. it was amazing! i was very exited.
@dbhattji (2507)
Yes, I have seen both lunar and solar eclipse - even the complete solar eclipse that we had a couple of years ago - it became dark suddenly for a few minutes and the birds were also confused. None of these have had any effect on me but it was nice to see them as a phenomenon of nature.
@ashar123 (2359)
The first eclipse I witness was a Solar Eclipse in 1998 and I was in college then. Everyone told me not to see the sun when its in eclipse because it causes to weaken the eyes. I din't feel anything strange but I loved it as its one of nature's miracles. Besides that I have seen many Lunar eclipses.
@sunshinecup (7881)
Yeah when I was about 21, but to tell the truth I can't remember which one, I just remembered when it happened and my family making a huge event over it.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I've never seen a total solar eclipse, tho I have seen a total lunar one. I have seen a 75% solar one, of course I didn't look right at the sun - I'm not that stupid!
@Qaeyious (2362)
The only solar eclipse that I am aware of is one in the 1980's that went through California at something like 45% or so covering the sun. I have been told that it is more fun up on a mountain next to an ocean or plain - you actually see the shadow leaving and going. I wonder if you can chase the shadow on a plane ... Since lunar eclipses are more readily available, I have seen many of those.
@stealthy (8188)
Lunar Eclipse in progress - This was taken at one stage of a total eclipse using a telescope
I have witnessed both a Lunar and Solar eclipse. In graduate school I not only saw a total Lunar eclipse, but took photos through a telescope that my camera would attach to. See the photo of the eclipse I have added to this response, of course it shows it partway through because at totality it would be almost all dark. When I was in the service there was a total eclipse of the sun visible were I was stationed. Of course you shouldn't look directly at the sun, especially during an eclipse. I was in the service club with some friends and I managed to arrange the blinds on the windows to work like a pin hole camera and to project a very good image of the eclipse on the floor. So we were able to watch it that way. Both of these wonders of nature are thrilling to experience.
@ravinskye (8242)
i have. i've seen more than one, but i can't remember the others. we were visiting friends this march in north carolina and saw a lunar eclipse while we were down there. it was a pretty cool thing to see. our kids are young, so they weren't too impressed though lol.
@chertsy (3805)
I have witnessed both a lunar and a solar eclipse. It's very interesting to get to see one. I really can't remember a lot about the lunar. I really didn't feel anything about the solar except for remembering how it got dark for a few minutes then once it was done it became bright again. The lunar eclipse is an interesting site to see. I didn't get to see this time around, because of clouds. I wanted my kids to see it so bad, especially now that we have a telescope.
I saw an lunar eclipse a few years back.It was sudtle.The moon was there and then it was gone. And then it was back again.It took less than an hour.i thought it was cool that I got to see it.
Yes, a solar and Lunar eclipse. A solar eclipse was i remember at a year 1987. A Lunar, i can't remember the date. We use a plastic plate to look at the sky on solar eclipse, some used shades. Im am excited because it is a once in a lifetime event. Some Lunar eclipsed experience, i haven't seen the full eclipsed, the partial only because we have to sleep, and the full eclipsed happens during dawn as i remember. What i really want to see is the meteor shower, sadly here in the Phils, we can't see that freely because sometimes it is raining here or very cloudy here when there are scheduled meteor shower.
@Feona1962 (7527)
We have seen both. In Arizona we saw a partial solar eclipse and here in Pennsylvania we have seen a lunar eclipse. It was a very neat experience.
@wiccania (3360)
I've witnessed a few lunar eclipses in the past. I love them. When I watch them I feel very spiritual, to be honest.
@Dan_ul (858)
yes... I witnessed one, a couple of years ago... but it was just a partial one... I mean a partial solar eclipse... I was at my grandfather, out in the country, and I was stareing at the sun trough a dark piece of glass... It was quite a nice experience:)
@derek_a (10902)
I witnessed a solar eclipse several years ago, it was the first one I have ever witnessed. It was a bit eerie as all the birds stopped singing and it went to a sort of half-light with peculiar shadows. I enjoyed the experience.. :-)