chronic pain relief?

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
It amazes me the length people will go to to get rid of pain. I would say that this is far too extreme but who really knows how badly he was hurting? http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1120AP_ODD_Testicles_Removed.html?source=mypi
@Debs_place (10551)
I was in a support group for chronic pain..one of the members put a bullet through her head..she could not wait the 6 weeks for her doctors appointment. The ER told her it was not an emergency, it was a chronic problem, so they would not treat her. I do not think it is so amazing. Having take antidepressants for chronic pain,
@pamcake (276)
I guess you're right...it isn't that far fetched for him to have it done himself. Pain is pain. I have recently gone to the er three times in the last month, and been to doctor's offices. I have a really wierd achy pain and tightness in my legs and they have no clue what's wrong with me. The last doctor told me it was my nerves, and brought up antidepressants...so that is my next visit. If the nerve medication doesn't work ..I will have to see a neurologist. I hope they figure it out soon...but my pain isn't that bad all the time and sometimes it feels like I have been hit by a truck. Some doctors it seems don't take the level of pain a person is in seriously, and some people have a low tolerance for pain. That's sad about the girl in your group. She must have been really hurting.
@pamcake (276)
Wow! I hope it was worth it to him. I'm not sure how badly he was hurting, but I hope it isn't worse now. The real professionals probably had good reasons not to do the operation. I hope he's better now!
@razcal2267 (15577)
I hope that he is in less pain now then he was also.
Oh my, what a disturbing story. He must have been in so much pain to resort to this. What is horrible is who were these people he found and why was there blood in several rooms...I shudder to think. I just hope he is ok now and what balls he had to go through this...excuse the pun!!!
@wolfie34 (26881)
OUCH! That brought tears to the eyes just reading it! The extent some people will go through is beggars belief. I hope after all that sacrifice, pain and tears the pain left him, because anyone who does something that drastic must be desperate.