Dinner after dinner.....

@sunshine4 (8710)
I have been on a very tight budget lately with the groceries. This week I have decided to make what we have in the freezer instead of going for groceries. Last night we ended up cooking out hot dogs, I fried up some potatoes and threw in a few extra pieces of chicken that were in the freezer. We also had veggies and dip. Around 10pm, when we should have been going to bed, I decided that I wanted chicken wings. All I had to do was mention wings and everyone was like...yeah! lets order pizza and wings. So there we were at 10:45 eating pizza and wings. Way to go having 2 dinners! Do you do things like this?
I dont, but my husband is very much a late night eater. My kids are already in bed so they dont either. I can understand where you are coming from though, eating what you already have before you shop. We are attempting the same thing. With everything going up in price, it seems a waste to waste.
@sunshine4 (8710)
That is so true. The prices of everything are going up, except for my salary!
@kelly60 (4550)
Sometimes we eat early when my son's girlfriend has to go to work in the evening. That way she can eat with us before she leaves. When we do this, we often have to have something else later on because everyone gets hungry again. I would much prefer waiting a little later to eat so that the kids would be happy with one meal. We have also had to raid the fridge and freezer and eat whatever we had on hand when we were short on cash too. When we are on such a tight budget though, we generally can't afford to order pizzas and such. It doesn't sound like you ended up saving any money by eating what you had on hand...
@sunshine4 (8710)
We just had to splurge a little. The freezer was getting bare and I was really scraping trying to make a decent dinner. The pizza and wings were so worth the money spent!
@kelly60 (4550)
We all need to splurge on something special once in a while.
@sunshine4 (8710)
I think if you don't splurge once in a while, you get stuck in a rut and never really enjoy.
@KrisNY (7609)
OMG--- NO! lol… Sure I’ll grab a snack or make us quesadillas if we are hungry but I don’t order pizza and wings- For starters we are in the country- so I’d have to drive down town to get them- ok- so when we are downtown at friends- we order out a lot- pizza and wings for snacks! So I kind of lied!
@sunshine4 (8710)
We are lucky...we live just close enough to town that they deliver to us. The other night we had pizza and wings for dinner, then went to the lake to listen to a band and for a bonfire. On the way home, 10:45, the kids were hungry. We ended up stopping at mcd's. That was not a good idea! Too greasy!
very good life, also a little crazy to have two dinners at one night..but if you feels good to have two dinners, it is okay.. everyone has its way to live his life. I usually have one dinner, but when I am hungry in late night, I will have some fast foods. When I feel hungry, I will eat..hehe..
@sunshine4 (8710)
This was a one time thing. We don't usually have 2 dinners, but we were all hungry so figured what the heck.
@kage2k3 (1444)
Yeah many times. Sometimes my after we finish dinner my friends say that come on lets have a pizza and after that we order ice cream too. And still its not enough for us.
@sunshine4 (8710)
Dinner, then pizza , then ice cream....I'd be so stuffed!
@Calais (10905)
I am not a great fan of eating after dinner, unless it just small snacks, but come after 10 pm my hubby gets really hungry and he will be outside at the barbecue, its so funny sometimes..
@sunshine4 (8710)
I normally will only look for a lite snack after dinner also. I can't see myself doing this often. I'd weigh about 200 pounds if I did.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
I think I should treat my self on something delectable too, with my husband of course, We've been eating hotdogs for like a week now..and some veggies. LAst night I was actually complainng to my husband.."beans again? "..LOL Hmnn..so maybe I splurge and treat ourselves tonight for a pizza and chickwn wings!!
@sunshine4 (8710)
Something funny. Last night we had a late dinner, so I said I would just pick something up and guess what my husband told me to get....hotdogs! We have a great hot dog shop here and they put a meat/gravy sauce on them. They were really good, but I thought it was funny.
@wooitsmolly (3613)
I try not to order food because it can be so expensive. I love pizza though and once in awhile I just have to have it! lol. It always seems like the food I have in the freezer doesn't sound good to me... or will take too long to make or something and I would rather go order something else. Right now I have a lot of frozen Michelina's and Smart Ones pizzas... they are so delicious. I try to eat those for dinner.
@sunshine4 (8710)
I love pizza also. We generally don't order out, but we all had such a bad day and we just thought what the heck. I also love the Degorno pizzas that are frozen.
@cher913 (25895)
no, we are on a tight budget also...we have supper at supper time, but sometimes have a snack before we go to bed...the snack might be chips or popcorn, but thats usually it.
@sunshine4 (8710)
We are also on a tight budget, but sometimes you just have to splurge! It isn't often, so when we do it, it is a treat.