How many lotteries have you won this week in your email? lol...

I can't figure out why my yahoo spam blocker doesn't catch these ridiculous emails. Luckily my gmail does catch them and I'm so happy about that! What I don't get is that there are sites who keep lists of these scams yet they keep on sending out those emails telling us we have won or will win if we go to their site. Considering the length of time the majority of people using the internet have been on it you would think these people would figure out that most of us just delete them and don't bother. I do feel bad for the few people who do think they won millions of dollars when they read them. Unless I actually kept a count I couldn't say how many I get in even a day. Do you get a lot of these in your email? Did you get "taken in" when you first started getting them or did you know right away that they were scams?
@raychill (6530)
I don't think I've ever gotten these types of emails. Fortunately I use gmail most frequently and rarely ever have spam go into my inbox. The ones I get most often are "EPCardAPP" as the "From" name. It makes me crazy! cause I mark them as spam constantly and I get about 10 in my mail a day. ugh. But I've never bought into stuff like that. I think if someone emails you saying you've won money or won ... anything and you didn't apply for it and/or they ask you for personal information...it's a scam and you shouldn't buy into it.
Gmail logo - Love that gmail!
That's why I love g mail so much. It takes great care of the spam. I don't know why yahoo can't do the same thing but it doesn't. That's the whole thing...if you know you didn't buy into a lottery in the UK why would you think you won? duh!
@raychill (6530)
i've never understood how people can buy into spam. But I guess it just doesn't register into peoples brain like that.
No clue president - Not a clue!
I think it's usually people who are new to the internet. I know when I first started I thought all of those "free" things were really free! Didn't take me long to figure that one out! lol...
@DavidReedy (2411)
I win the lottery weekly. Not only that but on a regular basis unknown relatives from England will me a lot of money. Not only that but I'm often chosen to help people discretely move millions of dollars--all they want is my bank information so they can transfer the money to my account! Yuk Yuk. LoL...
US dollars - Don't spend it all in one place!
Isn't it funny but I have unknown relatives in the UK and in Africa and countries I've never even heard of! What SHALL we do with all that money?
I've considered the notion of living my dream of opening a toe-nail clipping recycling center.
toe nails - clip those nails!
Good for you. Nothing like dreaming big!
@Calais (10900)
LOL....Gee I lost count after the first 10 times this week..I just cannt believe my luck and I wouldnt know where to start spending all this money... Luckily I never got taken in, because I thought that it was strange right off the bat to win something that I never entered into..
four leaf clover - I have no luck!
Have you ever seen so many lucky people in one place? The internet is full of them right? I should have this luck at the casinos!
@Calais (10900)
No, its wonderful..We all should meet up at the casino, and send them broke with our luck..
oh i got those mails every chance i could get..they are all over my mail and even if i had set my spam mail i just couldn't get enough of them..i pity those people who fell under this attracting spell..i know some friends who had fell on this and i feel real sorry for them for almost all of them are business men who had build a business with their hardwork and now bankrupt because of this scam..i don't bother opening them because i know i didn't join any..even with the yahoo once i didn't bother at all..just looked at it and see some stuff if its the same scam or not but never responded.
Questions - Don't get it!
It's hard to believe that so many people will fall for these emails especially if they have been on the internet for any length of time. It's all so well known. I don't understand why they don't just give up!
@worldwise1 (14887)
I have only received one this week, ctry. I don't know if it is due to my spam blocker working well or because I recently reported a couple of them. I also feel sorry for the people who are taken in by these scams. Every once in awhile I will see a post here on myLot where someone is gushing over the fact that they have received an e-mail notifying them that they have won a huge sum. The latest one I received was a bit different. The sender used the same last name as my own and sted that he was searching for a relative to help him transfer funds from a gold mining venture that his father had earned. I knew that I didn't know this man from Adam's house cat, so I quickly deleted it.
Yes, I've seen one or two discussions talking about their lottery winnings. I'm sure those people are fairly new to the internet not to know about it. I also forward all I get to fraudwatchinternational.com. They keep lists of these things and in their own way try to get rid of them.
@milott (2648)
LOL, I would have received around 5 mails this week claiming winning lottery and to claim unclaimed funds, etc in my yahoo mail id. Even though email clients and free email sites does many ways to prevent such spams entering our inbox, it still reaches our inbox, i don't know why.
lol...only 5! How lucky you are! I usually get at least 5 a day! I'll never figure out how they get through those spam filters.