How do you show your pets you love them

I asked this because I have watched a show where I have seen how pet owners treat their precious pets, what they feed them, where they assign them to sleep, how they clean them, etc. Some rich people have even hired nannies for them. Isn't that great? It was really fascinating to see how owners show their pets that they care.
Our 3 tiny chihuahuas are our pride and joy! They keep a smile on our face and make us laugh out loud often, just watching them play. They are so good in everyway. They never use the bathroom in the house. They do tricks. They are great travelers. Great with our grandchildren. They all love people and being around large and small groups. They always listen, I just wish my 2 legged kids would have listened like my 4 legged do.
I didn't know Chihuahuas made such good pets! I will have to look into that!
@paulsy (1264)
Our pet Casper is definitely a member of the family. He is treated as one of the kids. He is hugged and kissed and very well loved by all the members of the family. He probably even thinks he's human like all of us! He's a smart, affectionate and sometimes stubborn dog. I guess our family would not be complete without Casper in it.
@LittleMel (14055)
I wish I could treat my pet to the pet spa and dress her like rich people do to their pets, but it seems my pet is happy enough if we keep her safe indoor, feed her well and get her the vet visit she needs for her health. we let her play in safe places only that's how we show we love her
Dressing your pet is ridiculous to me! It sounds to me like your doing fine in loving your pet.
My dogs live in the backyard so I would always go out and pat them whenever I am free. I am usually to one to refill their water bowl as well as feed them so I think that is a good start.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
" Some rich people have even hired nannies for them. Isn't that great?" Honestly I think that is absolutely ABSURD! if you are goin to have a pet particularly a dog or cat then YOU NEED to be the one to care for it, spend time with it etc...and much like children, IMO you shouldnt spoil an animal.... How do I show my pets love? I care for them (feed them, water them LOL, take them to the vet regularly and so on) and I spend time with them, lots of hugs, I play with them, sometimes take them for runs out in the woods and so on....I snuggle with them, praise them, keep them safe etc etc....
Yes the nanny thing is a bit much!
@jennybianca (12914)
I love my pets, especially my cats. I show them I love them by giving them lots of cuddles & pats. By taking them to thge vet for vaccinations & any other injury. Also I let them sleep all night on the bed.
@sizzle3000 (3039)
I have a dwarf rabit and he is very loved. My daughter has treated him like a dog sinse he was five months old. She calls him like a dog and he comes. He is paper trained like a dog. I buy him the best food for a rabbit. Since he is so small he is prone to bone problems and the vet said that feeding him food made from Timothy hay was best. With this food he will not really need vitamins. I also buy him fruite sticks for rabbits. He loves these but the vet says he can not have a lot of these because they are not good for his liver. He gets chew sticks and toys of all kinds. He likes cat toys that rattle. He also has a stuffed dog that he pushes around. His favorite toy is an old towel that I gave him. He likes to play tug of war with it. When we go on vacation he gets one light on with the radio so that he doesn't feel alone. My mother or father come over and take care of him while I am gone. They also let him out to walk around for at least half an hour. If we are away more than a day or two I will call the house and talk to him through my answering machine so that he can hear my voice. I know crazy. My husband thinks I go overboard some times but I think I am just fine. After all pets have feelings too and they know when you are gone.
@dbhattji (2507)
I use to spend quality time with my dog talking to him and playing with him - I think he liked that better than all the toys I gave him. It's just like human beings - we also like people to spend time with us rather than give us expensive gifts - at least some do.
I am the mom, aunt, and nannie for my pets. I do all the caring for our two cats and one dog. My husband will let them in and outside. I do all the grooming and feeding. My cats and do have the run of the home and back yard. I keep food out for them all the time. I take my dog once a month to the groomers. The cats get their nails cut by me everyonce in a while.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I show pets love by leaving them in the pet stores. I love pets a lot. But right now, I do not feel like being bother as the primary care giver of a pet. I feel that if you are going to have a pet and it behave, you have to really put in time and effort. I just don't have the time to devote to a pet right now.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I will do anything and everything for my pets or any other animal for that matter. I feed them the best food available be it dry or can. I talk to them every day. I love and pet them every chance I get. Hubby and I put up a fence for our dogs in which they have a huge yard to run in. They get fresh water every day twice a day. Both cats and dogs get treats twice a day. Our little dog has a sweater for the winter. They get their shots every year. Sheesh, I could go on and on. I LOVE my babies very much.
@slickcut (8141)
I love my babies..I have a very small dog,her name is "Tiny" I have a cat named "Thomas" and a parrot named "Molly" and a parakeet named "tweedy" ...I love my pets a lot.My dog,she has a watering system that her and the cat uses ,they get fresh water,I feed tiny Purnia dog chow and Thomas gets purina cat chow..I get them up in the morning and take them out to the bathroom ,I play with them,bath them.I buy them treats..I always take them to the vet to get all their shots,and i have them spayed and nutered.My dog always gets bites of whatever I am eating..They get lots of toys to play with..They get de fleaed and my dog gets heartguard..The Birds are sweet,they get all kinds of treats,they both talk..I give them all lots of kisses,that might freak out some but yes i hug and kiss my animals,and they are all sweet and gentle.I also talk to them and include them in everything..
Good quality food. Constant vet check ups. Weekly grooming. I have 2 dogs. A lhasa apso and a toy poodle.
@tim_un (355)
I will buy cute shirt for her to wear, buy nice food for her to eat and clean her house everyday to show my love to my pets.
@jainaewen (170)
by feeding them
@pyewacket (44036)
I think most people view their pets as part of their family, I know I do. I only have two pampered babies now, Kissy and Pyewacket and they are most definitely my children.
I love my pets the same as anyone else. How ever hiring a nanny is a bit over board for me. Then again I don't have the money to hire the nanny. So would I do it if I had the money? Hmm I have to think about that now?
@sunshinecup (7881)
I feed them and love them daily. I have 4 diffrent pets in the house so between hubby, the girls and myself, we rotate who is loving on whom. Our pets are so spoiled.
@dk_y2k5 (118)
Hey all! I've had a pet at my home since 2003.It's a small breed, German Spitz to be precise. The very first thing which comes to my mind whenever i think of my pet is CUTE. She is a sweetheart and I love her so much that living without her is virtually unimaginable. Everyone in my family treats her as if she was one of our own. Personally I treat her like a small kid, her size is so small that you can pick her up so easily. Each person at our home showers love on her. The best part comes when you get back home after staying out for a while, the way she would greet you is a pleasure. Not to forget, she'll keep strangers out of the house too...lol Well coming onto the diet part, we feed her with milk and pedigree daily, plus a bit of cheese too. She goes for a bath once in a week ;) though she hates it...hahaha I LOVE MY PET! :) Thank you GOD for giving me such a precious gift :)
@pendragon (3352)
Constant affection,special treats,and plenty of pocket cash.Just kidding on that last one there,lol.;-)