Is a baby without sin?

@Avichail (694)
Indonesia
My small grup is discussing whether a baby as young as a-week-old one is capable of commiting a sin. What do you think?
@craftwave (1339)
According to scripture we are all born into sin. But also according to scripture children and babies are not held accountable for it. There is a reference of an age of accountability. For each person that is reached at different times or ages. When a person can distinguish between right and wrong then the Lord holds them accountable for their actions.
@Avichail (694)
Thanks craftwave for joining me in this discussion today! Your experience and knowledge would bring more value to it. I agree with your account about the original sin and that babies are born with it. On the view of accountability, I think there are still two views whether a baby can be hold accountable or not. Even reformed theology which is known to be very strict in interpreting the Scripture, is divided for this view. I read the book by Ronald H. Nash on this subject and I think it's very likely you have read that book, too. So, so far I still hold that babies are born with sin and at some extent can be accountable for what they do.
@craftwave (1339)
No I haven't read that book only the bible. And that is my understaning of it. I'll look up the scriptures so I can be more exact in what I mean or why I believe these scriptures mean.
@craftwave (1339)
Here is a sight that might help explain better why i believe this way. www.gotquestions.org/age-of-accountability
as i have learn or heard every child born is bborn with the sin done by its ancestors...Those sins are takenoff once the particular function is done as per the religion like baptism in christianity
@Avichail (694)
Hello Antony, thank you for your kind response, although I might not wish to continue this discussion further because I have basically closed it. And what you're saying is quite true. Some denomination in Christianity believes that baptism can delete the original sin carried by someone from the day they're conceived. However, if we dig further, baptism never saves nor erases sins. It only serves as a confirmation of a faith regenerated before. Thank you for participating though =)
@mansha (6301)
Never, babies can not commit any sin. I think babies that small are always speaking to God, telling them there experiences on this earth and birth. We all do not commit any sins, we make mistakes and mistakes are made during a learning process and they are pardonable. We are here in this birth to learn something, once we learn our lessons we pass out to other realms. So how can a student commit sin-students commit mistakes and learn from them. God must be laughing at his children, hearing all of us debating hell and heaven and sins.
@Avichail (694)
Thanks Mansha for sharing your thoughts and insights eventhough you know that I have basically closed this discussion. It is much appreciated. And although we might share different thinking, I appreciate what you were trying to convey. You see, I have learnt that actually the word sin is 'hamartia' in its original Hebrew language, means "missing the target". So, we're actually sinning not only when we do bad things, but also when we do not do the good things required. So, babies are not necessarily commiting sin purposely, but they are still born with it, with every inclination to do it and not able to do otherwise until they are saved by believing in the redemption of Lord Jesus Christ. That's my share for this time, Mansha, thanks for spending your time in this discussion.
@baronarthur (4188)
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
@adnan82 (673)
• Pakistan
i dont think so .. WAt he will do ??...
@Avichail (694)
They have the imputed sin from the first man, from the time they are conceived. You can read the link I gave to Craftwave above, Adnan. Thank you for joining in.