Have you ever used Craigs List or other websites to find cool freebies?

A friend of mine regularly finds free stuff online at Craigs List and even Free Cycle. Basically, it's just stuff people are trying to unload and don't want to throw into the trash, like old furniture and pet supplies. But, I've never located any really good freebies online other than product samples and free ebooks. But, she swears the free deals are out there if you just keep your eyes open. And, I was wondering, has anyone else used Craig's List or other freebie forums to find really good deals, like free furniture or free electronics that people are giving away? Would love to hear your successful freebie hunt stories.
@BinKsBaBy (507)
Yes I've gotten a lot of stuff I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!! Ive bought a great printer for 15 dollars with 2 replacement inks, the monitor I am using now I got for free off craigslist and we also got a older computer for 20 dollars for my daughter to use to play games and we put a dvd drive in so she cn als watch movies on it too Ive sold old clothes and given lots of baby clothes away on there too NO Bad STORIES I even had someone mail me some stuf for my daughter for free which was VERY NICE! my only advice is I dont meet people alone I take my soon to be hubby and Ive only had 2 people come to my home 1 was a very pregnent woman in need of a car seat to bring the baby home in and the other was getting my high chair and other baby stuff for a high risk pregnency mom who was on bed rest. Both times it was a woman and i made sure my honey was home =)
Very good advice! And, kudos for you on the freebies. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes wide open to get some of those freebie deals. I guess I thought those were just rumors.
Do you think you can find a computer on those sites, like the one you mentioned you need in another discussion?
I hadn't thought about it before, I guess. I'm never the one who finds the really good deals. But, I guess it could work. Maybe I'll have a little luck if I keep checking. Thanks for the idea. I don't know why the thought didn't occur to me. I've been battling a headache all day. My brain is a bit fuzzy today!
I haven't ever used it, but I do look at what they are offering from time to time.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I usually check the craigs list for housing and free furniture, depending on what I am looking for. I actually found odd jobs like surveys at movie theatres once just to get an extra 50 bucks one weekend. Then they changed theartres which was too far for me so I stopped. This was one only up the road from my home. My husband found our apartment via craigs listing and i hear you can find some good bargains on there.
@DJ9020 (1596)
I belong to a Freecycle group on Yahoo groups. There are all kinds of things people are giving away or looking for. The main requirement is that things are 'free'. You might look to see if there is a group in your area.
Thank you for that information. I thought Craigs List was another safelist. I did not realise it had products for sale. I expect they are mostly for the USA and not useful for somebody in England.
@KrisNY (7591)
Never- I wondered how Craigs list worked- I should get on and give it a try- Freecycle- I have gotten on a few times but there is never anything I am looking for. Thanks for the reminder though!
@eden32 (3976)
I have found many great items through our freecycle. I've used craigslist too,but more often I use that when looking for someone able to provide a service (like someone to mow the lawn) than for buying things. Our freecycle allows users to post what they are looking for, which is great. You don't have to wait patiently & compete with everyone when you are looking for something specific.