What are some acceptable drinks for diabetics?

Drinks - beverages
My fiance has diabetes, we found out not that long ago that he had it. before then he was such a big pop and kool ain drinker.. now he has trouble finding things that he likes that are ok for him to drink. what are some drink that he can have that wouldnt be harmful for his diabetes?he is sick of water. we were using crystal light but heard that the fake sugar is not any better and is still harmful to him. any ideas?
@TiffanieC (827)
I don't know if this will help you or not but my Grandpa is diabetic but he also has to be on a renal diet cause of his kidneys.. here is a site that might help you... www.davita.com/diabetics/c/380 I hope the info on there will help you and your fiance.
Thank you :)
You're welcome. Did it help at all?
@twoey68 (13651)
I'm sorry, I don't have any suggestions for you. I'm diabetic too and have to be very careful with what I have. When I found out that my diabetes was getting worse I cut out all the sugar I could. I only drink water. I do have milk on my cereal but no sweet tea, soda, kool-aid or anything else. I get tired of water too but I deal with it. Good luck finding what you want. AT PEACE WITHIN
Thanks a lot for responding :)
try using Diet drinks