What's Your Secret of Selling on eBay?

Hong Kong
Some of you have been successful on ebay and some of you are selling regularly on ebay. I wonder what are the tips you would advise for a newbie like me? I have been checking out the sellers there and they seem to have unbelievable shipping prices on the stuff they are selling and why would that be? Any tips would be appreciated!
@twoey68 (13651)
I used to sell on Ebay and now I only buy but heres a little advice. Be as honest and upfront about your item as you can. Make sure to put in the listing any problems or damage to the item. Be honest about the shipping and try to get it shipped as soon as possible. If you mess up, let the buyer know and try to make it right. As for shipping I see alot of ppl running auctions for $.99 and $9-10 shipping for an item that I know costs no more than $2-3 to ship (DVD's are a prime example). Thats known as gouging and although its against Ebay policy sellers still do it. Good luck and have fun with it!! AT PEACE WITHIN
Thanks for the tips! You are right! I have personally seen an outrageous shipping cost (around $385) but the item was only $5. I was absolutely astonished because it couldn't be that much to ship some skin care stuff over.
@venshida (4837)
Be very descriptive of your product and great pictures, research the price etc of your product before you list it.
Thanks for the tips! I still can't make up my mind if I am selling there *laughs*.
@tigerdragon (4297)
i would suggest you browse on the net and look for and ebay wholsale supplier. I have a product that i am selling on one of my blogs but you have to pay. it's a list of all their merchants,being in one roof and they will handle everything.here is the link to one of my site htt://www.squidoo.com/ebayguide. i hope this would open up new avenues for you as oppose to selling your own product.and to increase traffic so that there would be a chance for them to buy, i would suggest you make a blog out of it. maybe blog about a certain product(advertorial) you are selling and refer them to your ebay store (backlink)and include also the direct link to your product.affiliate marketing.
Thanks a lot for the information given! Will check those out and think about it thoroughly before acting! All these thinking surely causes some of my brain cells to die *laughs*, wish you good luck with your internet income too! Cheers.
@wiccania (3360)
Be descriptive. Every detail that you can mention, mention. If there are any flaws, list them. Every single one. Take at least 1 good picture of the item. State your terms in the auction. Including where you're willing to ship, what the shipping cost will be, what your return policy is, etc. Unless you have extra space in the title, don't use words like "beautiful" or "cool." If it's clothing, shoes or anything like that put the size in the title. If it's new, put that in the title.
Thanks and I will remember that. I am thinking of selling skin care items and so I think I could be really descriptive with it.
@sanell (2114)
well a lot of them belong to a wholesale distributorship who does dropshipping and sometimes if they pay a good membership fee per month, I do not know what it is but it can range from $0.00 to $99.00 a month, then the shipping is no big deal. I have done a few here and there with my dropship company but it can be a little tough there is so much competition. It is hard to know if ebayers will pick your product or a similar one with or thru another ebay seller. Good luck to you
Right there is really a lot of competitors out there and sometimes it's out of our control if people would buy from us or not. I tried ebay one time really long time ago and I wanted to sell something I didn't want, but I failed. Now, I kind of have that bad experience in mind and I wonder if I should really do it again.