Are You Worried about China?

Yet again Mattel has had to recall toys because of lead paint. Does this bother you. Worse yet, what does it do to your opinion of China? They are trying to improve their image because they will host the Olympics and yet these dangerous problems with toys, toothpaste and pet food have me a bit worried about quality control. What do you think?
Up until 10 years ago China had no regulations on anything. The way I see it, we are opening their eyes to safety, which will not only help us but will also help them. I am upset with the American companies that let these things into the country without testing or finding out if safety regulations were being met. I believe China needs and loves our business and will work hard to correct the problems. If they learn more about safe handling of animals, maybe they can prevent another bird flue epidemic.
I hope you are right. I am a bit skeptical about them though. I also saw an interview with the head of Mattel on the news this morning. He did not make be feel confident. He kept dodging the direct questions.
@coolseeds (3925)
I don't buy anything from China. The dog food was enough for me. It has also forced me to include Wal-Mart on the list. They don't care about their consumer either. Some people will do anything to make a buck.
What bothers me is that this may be the "tip of the iceberg". What else is out there that we don't know about. Things are produced all over the world and we dont know what kind of control they have. Our government wants trade balance but this is not good. Thanks.