MyLot-ters, are you addicted to the Internet, and why?

How long can you go without the Net? - I have to admit that I am pretty addicted to computers and the Internet. There is rarely a day when I am not surfing the web seeing what I can learn, buy, research, or do.
I have to admit that I am pretty addicted to computers and the Internet. There is rarely a day when I am not surfing the web, and seeing what I can learn, buy, research, or do. Are you addicted to the Internet, and why or why not? How many days can you go without checking emails, visiting this site, or browsing the web elsewhere? I can't go a day!!!
@rb200406 (1825)
yes i am also.i have to have net.it has become a part of my life.you know an important one.
In the past I was quite addicted to Mylot. Now I am less active because Mylot pays less than before. So some people are already leaving. I lose my interest here because of it. But I will still try to login Mylot everyday.
• Pakistan
me too i am also addicted too much to internet and computers most,As i am a gamer so most of the time i play CS with my friends ,and chatting on irc ,i also do research on upcoming technologies i.e new computer hardwares just because i am a gamer and i have to upgrade my PC months after months . i don't check my emails ,never checked it till 2001 when i made my first id :D ,,,
@stephcjh (32327)
I am definitely addicted to the internet. I cannot stand to go one day without signing online. I am addicted to earning online daily too and I hate when I miss a day of earning something or getting paid. I have had computer problems in the past and was very frustrated because I could not sign online to earn my money.
Yep definitely addicted but did take time out to clean. I have to clean alot today....still not one single christmas thing up, and my christmas shopping isn't done either. ack! I have to say though that I run my vendor fairs ...it is slowing down now...but that does take up quite a bit of time.
Thanks for your response. Sometimes I feel lost without my laptop. At other times, I actually take time to "smell the roses." I put my computer up and go outside for a breath of fresh air, to play with the kids, and so forth. Thanks, MartinezShopper
@pinnibabu (135)
Initially I was an addict too. But in my recent days, I am not as crazy as I used to be. I remember me and my hubby fighting for the computer. I later realized that there is more to life other than the internet and computer. I have a baby to attend to and also my daily household chores which I was neglecting partially. Ofcourse I log on to the net everyday but the time has reduced. Its mostly the times when my other works are completed.
I would say that I'm addicted to the internet as far as making sites and trying to make money.I only use the internet for leisure about 2 or 3 hrs a week on my days off.I don't need that much money to live and I'm so close to achieving my internet earnings goal.It's all I think about sometimes. I definitely would not be as addicted if I made my income online and didn't have to work a regular job.
@tammyr (5955)
• Etowah, Tennessee
OMG I posted a thread about that gif! I want it on my pc. I set it as desktop but it is not animated. I tried so many ways to save it!! Please, could you help me with it? I know you are much better with computers than I am. As for ON TOPIC... I tried to not get on-line today, but failed! I did last until 9:30 pm though. I am doing better. I leave sleep, staying up too late, and getting up early enough to check my e-mail before I go to work. I am weaning to less time on-line and I am doing better.
@drannhh (15241)
It is half addiction and half that computers and the Internet save me a lot of time and money and do really facilitate work. The games and even myLot are perfect for quick breaks from real work, with the plus that they can be taken in a window right on the same screen as the work itself. LOL. Maybe I am addicted to work. But I do very well without the internet when traveling, as that is my deliberate vacation time away from the internet, which I do take regularly. My pocket computer and cell-phones both have browsers, so it is not that the net is unavailable when we are traveling, I just choose not to access it. On the other hand, my PDA is such an indispensable tool, that I do always take it everywhere, mostly for the the SmartList Database, but also for the alarm clock, calendar, camera, and note-taking functions. It is really like an extension of myself. Can someone be addicted to wearing a watch? My pocket computer is a replacement for my wristwatch, which just happens to have all sorts of other neat stuff.
Thanks so much for your insight and your detailed response.
@suspenseful (40316)
Actually we need the internet to find out information. I am not going to be able to get on a plane and go everywhere and ask the people this or that. I do not want to go to the library or buy a book or watch Tv to find out information, and at the price of stamps, using snail mail is much too expensive. I have no idea why going on the internet for more than an occasional look see is called an addiction. Smoking too much, drinking until you are slushed, gambling is an addiction, but not going on the internet to do some research, and surf for something you want to learn or to look up the prices of something you want to buy. So in view of this, I am not addicted to the Internet, but I use it frequently every day.
Some people would define anything done in excess as an addiction. Call it what you may, but if someone is literally on the Internet and burning up the keyboard to the extreme that the picture shows along with this discussion, then I personally would call it addicted. If you cannot go to the beach for a few days, get off the computer long enough to watch a movie or TV program, play a game with your kids, etc, then you are sooo addicted. I have to admit that I need to sleep more, and surf web less.
@sherrir101 (3670)
I am addicted, somewhat. There was a day when I couldn't live without my computer. Lately though, it seems boring, almost. It is probably just a phase that I am going through. Tommorrow I will wake up and won't be able to live without it. LOL
@KrisNY (7591)
I have to admit I am- There is not 1 day that I don't go online to at least check my e-mail. I also surf some sites daily. I have gone without the internet when I'm on vacation or out of town- I don't usually even think about it- as I'm having fun doing something- but I really miss it when I get back home and see the 100's of e-mails waiting!
I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the internet, but I like to get online at least once a day, just to go through things that I normally do. I have a lot of stuff to do online and on the computer, so if I don't get online at least once a day, I tend to fall behind in my responsibilities. I can't go more than two days without checking all of my stuff. However, I only require about an hour per day to be on the computer, and I can easily go only my minimum without feeling like I need to be on the computer longer. It irks me if it's been more than a day because I have some stuff I do online daily.
@tsitra100 (171)
• Barbados
The internet for me is not an addiction it's a DIMENSION. An almost perfect world.
I love the internet, but fortunately i'm not addicted to it. It's fine for me to spend 1-3 days without being online on the internet. I love it bcos I can meet so many people worldwide on the internet, a fascinating thing isn't it. But sometimes when I spent too much time in front of the computer being online, I can't find anything to do.
@DanaMark (807)
I might be addicted to computers, because now when my laptop isn't working and my wife is using her computer, I walk around wondering what to do. I like learning html and working on a site. I don't do that much surfing of the internet, but I don't know what I would do without a computer.
@shinjiao (1464)
Hi,runningman72! I'm addicted to the Internet and surfing online occupies nearly all my leisure time.I like reading the news online,chatting with my friends,and participating in the discussions and uploading images on here.
@eshaan (6193)
Yes, that has become a part of life and i give it more importance than some other important works in my house. I am surprised that my speed to work has increased to save more time to spend on net.I want my mail-box empty, if i can't attend it for a day or two i feel like getting tension because of it.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello runningman72, I am not that addicted to computer on the internet. But I can't go a day without checking my e-mail. I always online to surf the web, read the news, chat with my husband and of course mylotting here.
Well if checking every day is part of being addicted...then yes, I am. I must admit that I was a lot less addicted before becoming hooked on Mylotting. This place has an amazing draw...and has increased my time on the internet and at my computer dramatically! Oh well as long as we're having fun, meeting new friends...and still manage to hold the rest of our world together it is all good. Compared to many of the addictions out there...I'll take this one anyday.LOL
@Calais (10900)
Yes, I sadly must admit that I am...lol..This computer world is new to me as I have only had my computer for just over a year...I have to be on it everyday...there always something that you can find to do, look at etc...