Do you stay home from work?

When your not really sick? Get mad at your self when pay day comes too?
@Buggheart (446)
I call in sick to work when I'm not really sick probably twice a year. I am entitled to 10 sick days from my job so I get paid when I'm out sick but I also frequently work in excess of 60 hours a week and weekends and so sometimes calling in sick is the only way to get a day off. I called in sick about a month ago because I had been working over 70 stressful hours a week and worked for 34 days without a day off. So when the big project was over I called in sick on a Monday to extend the weekend I finally got after being screwed out of 4 weekends in a row and changing personal plans. I don't do it often but when I need a break I sometimes call in sick and I don't lose a wink of sleep at night for doing so. :)
@Flight84 (3050)
I wish my job offered sick days. We were suppsoed to get them, but it never happened. I work as a preschool teacher and sometimes it would be really nice to have some free days.:P
We have PTO personal time off with out pay but also it has to be a scheduled thing, we have unlimited overtime as well and I've been through a very intense training classes the last week or so and I am so ready for a day off. My vacation time does not start again until November with pay. But the company I work for dosen't offer sick days, because I guess I am not on a salary type position. I have worked only 16 days straight this time. And I am looking forward to this weekend off, but then again time goes in on Sunday and want some additionakl overtime
@sedel1027 (17855)
I get sick days and I try to plan my not sick sick days with co-workers. We get so many of them, may as well use them when we need a mental break or when son has off and I don't.
@luvcatzzz (208)
YES. in fact i did it so much i quit. i hated that job. grrrr :-D
@Flight84 (3050)
I have taken a few 'special' days for myself and I did get mad a few times when payday came around. It hurts to see that dip in your check when you could have gone to work.:)