how often do you replace your toothbrush with a new one?

toothbrush - The tootbrush is an instrument used to clean teeth, consisting of a small brush on a handle. Toothpaste, often containing fluoride, is commonly added to a toothbrush to aid in cleaning. Toothbrushes are offered with varying textures of bristles, and come in many different sizes and forms. Most dentists recommend using a toothbrush labelled "Soft", since firmer bristled toothbrushes can damage tooth enamel and irritate gums as indicated by the American Dental Association. Toothbrushes are often made from synthetic fibers, although natural toothbrushes are also known in many parts of the world.
our dentist recommended us to replace our toothbrush every three months but sometimes my toothbrush even last upto five months. how about you? do you replace your toothbrush after three months or even earlier? =)
@fab315 (1242)
Hello! I replaces my toothbrush every three months most of the times and there are times that I can't remember when did I buy it so i'll ended up replacing them on the 5th month. Now, I buy those toothbrushes with blue indicator, it reminds me if its time for me to buy a new one or not. Happy brushing! *smiles* take care. cheers! :D
blue indicator? what's that? is that the toothbrush with the blue bristles? yeah sometimes i also forget when was the last time i replaced my toothbrush. lol =)
@fab315 (1242)
Hello! yeah, its the blue bristles, it's like an indicator, when it goes down like half way it means its time to buy a new one. But I'm not sure if it applies to all the toothbrushes, but mine is like that, as it says "blue indicator". Thanks. cheers! :D
oh so that's the use of the blue indicator. lol. i thought the blue ones have negative ions or something like that in them. hahaha! thanks for the info! =)
@archer1811 (1099)
I used to change my even my son and husbands' toothbrush every after 3 months, and yes this is also the advice from our family dentist. Nothing wrong following their instructions as long as this will help you to be good or feel good. Our teeth is one of our body parts that help us look more beautiful thats why we have to take care of it.
I replace my toothbrush once every two or three months.They are so cheap to buy.You can get the good ones on sale for a $1.00 or $1.50 when they go on sale and you have a coupon.
yes it's really better to follow the dentist's advice so you won't have any problem with your teeth. =)
@katkat (2379)
Dentists says that we need to replace our toothbrush every 3 months. But why we need to replace it when it can last more than three months?!
because they say if you use your toothbrush for more than 3 months it will no longer effectively remove plaque. =)
@secretbear (19464)
i usually change my toothbrush every 3 months because the dentist said so LOL or much earlier. i usually brush 3x a day (when im at the office) and so its easily wears out.^__^
the dentist would be very happy with that because you have been an obedient patient. hehe. =)
@raijin (10373)
Yes, that is what our dentist mostly tells us. But we also have to consider the high cost of new toothbrushes, as we also have to buy those which offers the best quality. Like you, I don't follow much as what the dentist have told me to do. The important thing is, we do brush our teeth at least three times a day!;)
we don't buy toothbrushes that are really expensive. =)
@writersedge (22579)
I have a toothbrush that tells me when to change it. My toothbrushes have a little blue on some of the bristles. When the blue lightens up enough, it's time to use a new one. That way I don't have to keep track. I don't use it too long or not long enough.
mine is violet hehe. =)
@shelagh77 (3643)
I replace mine every month because I just love the feel of the new brush and once the brush gets chewed up a bit it somehow isn't the same. I have a very sensitive mouth due to childhood surgery so I use a soft bristled brush and I suppose I brush three times a day or more so I like my brush to feel nice. I have to remember to place our toothbrushes in a cupboard though since I have rosellas and the little horrors love toothbrushes too, they rip all the bristles out and throw them everywhere!
i guess changing a toothbrush once a month is okay as long as it doesn't ruin your budget =)
@seabeauty (1480)
I always throw mine out every two month. Sometimes before that if I have been sick. This way I wont keep getting sick.
for me two months is still early. my toothbrush still looks good after that =)
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hi. Every 3-4 months we will replace our toothbrushes, but then they dont even look like they need replacing sometimes...
yes after 3 months my toothbrush still looks okay so i replace them after 5 months. =)
Theoritically we should replace the brush after three months but practically we dont do this. So, I replace it once in every 5 to 6 months.
yeah me too, i replace it usually five to seven months. that's because my toothbrush still looks good after three months. =)
@LAWise520 (276)
I replace my toothbrush when it looks like it's time to replace it. I wait until the bristles begin to fan out instead of being straight up and down. My dentist said that's the best way of knowing when to replace the brush. There's no sense it throwing out a perfectly good brush right?
a perfectly good brush is a new toothbrush. hehe. i think the bristles fan out after 3 months that's why dentists recommend us to replace them after that span of time. =)
@Bujoyseth (1684)
well, it depends on how my toothbrush looks after threee months but usually, i change it after four or five... but of course, i don't wait for that time to buy a new one, i have a stock here when i do my grocery at the supermarket... but i think, it's better if we follow our dentist's instruction to change our toothbrush on the three months span of it...
yeah my father also buys spare toothbrushes so we can just replace it anytime we need to. =)
I replace my toothbrush every six months.
@eprado (1473)
Hello josan181237, From the brand of toothbrush I am using I usually replace it every 4 months or sometimes more. Sometimes it depends when I don't like the feel of the brush bristles on my teeth and gums anymore I replaced them. And I also always keep spare tootbrushs at home.:-)
@aweins (4203)
hi josan181237, i replace my toothbrush after six months because it lasts. yes ,its very much truse that dentists recommend to replace it much much earlier but i dont feeel any harm using it more , as it lasts.
Well as long as they still have that strenght to clean my teeth and still reliable I definitely continue to use it whethere its already been three months or one month.
I would say that my toothbrushes usually last somewhere between 3 and 4 months. I rarely need a new one before that time is up, and I usually notice that the bristles are getting worn out before 4 months have passed. Sometimes I can go a little longer than that, but usually it's around 3-4 months.