Do you let your dog(s) or any other pet sleep w/you?

@jovimom (1576)
We have been letting our shetland sheepdog sleep with us for quite some time now, she's never chewed on anything in the bedroom. I have lots of personal things and decoration and she's never bothered them. But she sheds a lot, so it gets annoying at times. We also started letting our other dog who is a puggle sleep with us and she hasn't been chewing either. Just wandered what everyone's opinion is on this??
Yes, I sleep with my door closed, and my cat in the room with me. Because most of my moms cats like to beat up on her, she sleeps with me so that doesn't happen when no one is around to stop it. I also let my dog in the room sometimes if she ever wants to come in.
@jovimom (1576)
Our sheltie wants to be in the bedroom with us, but once she's been shown some attention and played with our puggle a little, she usually sleeps on the floor
Awww, if I'm thinking of the right breed, shelties are so cute! Is a puggle the same as a pug? Those are cute too lol. My dog is a golden retriever, I let her sleep on the bed, even though she takes up half of it! lol.
@jovimom (1576)
A puggle is a cross between a pug and a beagle. I saw her brothers and sisters, they were all so cute, it was hard to pick just one!
@tdymeg (2)
I have two female pit bulls and they both sleep with me, i wound't have it any other way!
@jovimom (1576)
I don't blame you, dogs are comforting at nite, I think. You feel more protected, especially pit bulls I bet!! I have played with other peoples pit bulls before and they were just big gentle babies!!
@jovimom (1576)
I don't blame you, dogs are comforting at nite, I think. You feel more protected, especially pit bulls I bet!! I have played with other peoples pit bulls before and they were just big gentle babies!! They actually went swimming with me in the lake!
@jovimom (1576)
Sorry bout that! I edited my post and it still posted the 1st one, wish I knew how to delete it!!
@ladybug565 (2217)
all my animals are allowed to sleep with me. my dog usually sleeps next to my bed on the floor and my cats sleep on the bed. one by my head and the other by my feet.
@jovimom (1576)
so cute! I don't think I could handle my cats in the bedroom too, there wouldn't be any room for my husband, lol!! They shed so bad and they chew on cords and toilet paper....they are bad kitties, lol
wow that is so cozy :) i got a dog and it's never allowed on the bed coz it kicks me out of bed in the middle of the night :)
I want to sleep with my dog,but my mun doesn't allow.
@cutepenguin (6457)
I used to sleep with my cat in my bed. It was nice, although the cat would lean against me, and in my sleep, I'd move over a bit. Then the cat would lean against me again, and I'd move over. This would continue until I woke up on the floor, with the cat staring down at me.
thats very amusing lolol
@jovimom (1576)
That's pretty funny! I can't imagine my cats even wanting to sleep with me
@Celanith (2334)
When I was younger my cats used to sleep with me but the last seven years the one indoor cat we have started wanting let out at 3:00 a.m. Me being an insomniac and not falling asleep until around 1:30 that was not working. Once I wake up I cannot get back to sleep for 3 hours and by then it is time to get up. So we finally had to ban him from the bedroom.
@jovimom (1576)
I don't blame you there, I have trouble getting to sleep just about every nite!
i have 5 cats and only 3 sleep with me because the 2 older ones will not allow it but we all get along and i love them dearly
@jovimom (1576)
3 cats sleeping with you, wow! My cats shed too bad and get into too much stuff!
My dog likes to sleep in bedroom with me.she usually sleeps on the floor.she is a lovely dog always walk follow me from this room to that room..have a nice day..
@jovimom (1576)
my oldest dog sleeps on the floor but the other one stays in the bed. my sheltie follows me everywhere during the day too!
well yes i do let my mix terrier sleep beside me..he's all I've got beside me that is why i let him..he use to chew things up and he's favorite are my undies..eeww..yes he wreck all my undies before but those days had gone..he is now ok with it and wont chew it no more..he loves to sleep on with pillow near my head.
@jovimom (1576)
That's cute! My dogs will still get into underwear if I don't have them on top of the washer or dryer, they will put holes in them! They also have a thing with socks, just can't leave them alone!! Clean or dirty, it doesn't matter!
@diansinta (7550)
i live with a male cat, and a dog. if i let those two entering my room during my rest time, i will never got any sleep at all. Because the will always chasing each other a round my bed and noisy.
@jovimom (1576)
I understand that! Both of our dogs wrestle with each other every nite for at least 15-20 minutes, then they get tired and decide to settle down.
@diillu (5128)
Well, my mother was really strict about this. We always wanted to keep our dogs with us most of all wanted to play with our dogs whole night but it was really impossible when mum was around. She was really strict and she did never wanted to spoil our dogs. So, they were always meant to be sleep in their places no matter how hard we cried for it.
@jovimom (1576)
That sucks! So, do you have any dogs now and do you let them sleep with you? I would just out of spite, lol!!
@carlaabt (3505)
My dogs and cat all three sleep with me. My husband works nights, so there is plenty of space at night for them. During the day, if I lay down with my husband in the morning, the dogs get mad because they don't have as much space. Usually our lab will take off and head to the kitchen, or just sleep in the floor in our room. When it's just me and the pets, my lab usually sleeps beside me, and uses my husband's pillows. My terrier gets underneath the covers and uses the pillow that I put between my knees, to rest her head on. They are both very spoiled and think they need to have a pillow all the time. If my lab leaves the room, she carries her own pillow with her to the kitchen for her head! I didn't want to let them sleep with us, and our lab didn't when we first got married. But there was a bad storm the first night we had the terrier, and she was scared. She kept jumping on the bed, and we kept putting her back on her own pillow. AAfter about the 20th time, we gave up and just let her sleep with us. Since we let her, we had to let the other dog, too.
@jovimom (1576)
I can' believe your lab is so smart that he thinks to take a pillow with him! That's funny! Yes I was against our other dog(puggle) sleeping with us at first but she's such a snuggle bug!! Our sheltie isn't like that, she always jumps down
When we got our new bed, I wasn't letting the 2 dogs sleep on the bed, just the cat. I finally gave in and let them on the bed. As the little turds would wait till the both of us were asleep and sneak up in the bed anyways.
@delenep (212)
I personally would not let my pet sleep w me. I dun think it's healthy and all that hair gets in your throat etc etc. Pets need their own sleep places, but not my room or bed!
@jovimom (1576)
I see your point, especially when it comes to my sheltie, she sheds constantly and if I don't change the sheets quite often, I get hair in my mouth, and it's very annoying!
@miryam (6507)
my dog are 13 years...befor it sleep ever whith me, in my bad, now, a few.sametimes....i dont know why,but it's a same..i love it are like my son...myry
@jovimom (1576)
I didn't like the idea at first, but when I realized they wouldn't tear anything up, I wasn't so worried....
@wiccania (3360)
Yep. I let all 3 of my animals sleep with me if they'd like. The cats are free to sleep anywhere in the house that they choose. My dog is able to sleep with me, in his crate, with my son or anywhere else in my room, my son's room or the connecting bathroom that he feels like plopping down. I don't have any issues with them sleeping in the bed with us. Especially in the winter time -- they keep us warm!
@jovimom (1576)
I 2nd that! My sheltie is like a teddy bear! I would let my cats stay out, but if I don't put them up, they chew on everything!!
jovimom, Heck - yeah - I let my cat sleep on the bed. It's not a big deal because he never stays put anyway. We have a ritual, and I think my cat just hops up to my bed to make sure that I am going to stay put for a few hours. He kind of tucks me in and then takes off to go sleep just beyond the foot of the bed on a bookshelf where he can 'keep an eye on me.' He's got some 'attachment' issues because he was a Rescue Cat (he was rescued from an abusive and neglectful owner), and still carries a few bad memories around about being abandoned, I suppose. He actually gets 'cranky' when I have been up too late. He gets cranky like a little kid and starts acting up, pawing at things that he never touches normally (the curtains, my papers and books, my pens). This is my cue to carry him to the foot of my bed and then I have to go to bed RIGHT AWAY. He will wait for me and if I just put him on the bed and try to walk away, he will dive-bomb me and cut off my route away from the bed! (My bed is actually higher than my counter, so when I say 'dive-bomb,' I really mean it). I know it sounds weird, but he's actually much better about bedtime than I am and it is in my best interest to pay attention to him. Without him, I wouldn't keep any kind of regular sleeping schedule at all. I study a lot and get carried away that way, so I can end up not bothering to go to bed 'til 4am if I am really enjoying a book. My cat doesn't let me get away with this too often. At least he tries to keep a reasonable schedule lol. I just started letting him be the boss a couple of weeks ago. I'm sleeping much better and on a more regular schedule. Definitely, it's in my best interest to let my pet up on the bed!
@jovimom (1576)
So funny, what a smart cat!! Yes, it sounds like he is a good match for you!! If you don't mind me asking what does newbiehelper mean? For Mylot or something else?
"newbiehelper" is a name that caught on because I have been helping a foreign University student with English speaking skills. She's not unschooled, just 'NEW' to Canada, new to conversational Canadian style English and certain social situations. She already has a Master's degree from her own country. I hesitate to call myself a 'tutor,' and prefer 'helper' instead, because my 'lessons' are not structured for 'academics.' Our learning sessions vary greatly from day to day because we work on whatever current North American phrases are troublesome for her on any given day - words she hears at work or while shopping, etc. We are also trying to deal with 'JOKES' and 'Sarcasm.' I hadn't realized before working with her that Canadians are so sarcastic! Anyhow - that's about it - I'm not a formal tutor, so I'm a 'helper' for the Newbie Canadian! :)
yes i have 3 cats sleeping with me hairy or not i havent noticed any fur on my bed so far i guess i just love them so much i just dont care somehow having them near me is more important than a little hairy my sheets are changed every day and i wash the used ones right away. its better knowing where they are then wondering what trouble their getting into this way they are all in my room and cant get into anything lolol of course the door is shut and water and a fresh litterbox is provided for them in a room thats just next to me with adjoining doors. they are not messing around they just change places every once in awhile so i think each cat but 1 has been laying there the 2 lay by my head and are ready to pounce if i am awakened in the night its really comical to see
@jovimom (1576)
I'll bet that is funny! My cats are mischievous, they get into everything, they are much worse than the dogs!
Yeah i let them sleep.cats with me and dogs on the floor
@jovimom (1576)
My sheltie usually ends up on the floor...
I let my cat sleep with me all the time.She even sleeps on me which is annoying sometimes because she is heavy and wants to sleep on my chest.I have to get her to move off me.
@jovimom (1576)
Oh yes, our sheltie is way too heavy for that, my puggle wouldn't bother me though, but I usually sleep on my side so it would be hard for my dogs to do that
@babykay (2133)
I think having animals, cats or dogs in the bed or on the bed is great. Once they are clean and calm its just like having a cuddly toy in the bed. My 3 cats often sleep in the bed as did my dog. Only since I had my son who is now one and a half have I stopped animals sleeping in the bed with me and my husband. Now that he is older I must try getting him into a bed of his own and allowing the animals back in...
@jovimom (1576)
Yes, I think they are comforting. I'm sure your animals miss being in the bed with you...