What was the biggest potty training frustration for you and your child?

Oh, how I remember the potty training days! Our little girl refused to wear those Pull Ups training pants, so we had to go it alone and just clean up the messes as they happened! Potty training became a full time job. And, you always had to watch your step or you'd slip down on a new accident. But, we got pretty good at anticipating when it was going to happen after awhile. She never liked her potty chair, even though it was conveniently sized just right for a little kid. Strangely enough, she just wanted to use the big toilet almost right away and that presented some unique challenges of it's own. We had to take her to the bathroom each time, unlock the door and put her on the big potty so she could do her business, because she wasn't big enough to climb up by herself. I just didn't trust her alone in the bathroom by herself those first two years. Some little kids would do fine all by themselves, but mine liked to stick stuff down into the sink drain. For us, the biggest hassle or frustration during potty training was definitely not being able to use the potty training pants or Pull ups, or whatever variety you want to call them. But, we're through that stage and now she takes herself to the bathroom whenever she wants to go. So, some things do end happily, I guess! So, what's is (or was) your biggest potty training frustration? What type of obstacles did you have to face when helping your child learn to go to the bathroom like a big kid? Please share your experiences with all of us moms.
@ibuemma (2954)
My biggest potty training frustration was when my second daughter would not do the 2 at all. So it look like that she had constipation. She has no problem with number one or even use the training pants. But everytime she need to do number 2 instead just let it out she hold it in. finally i had to bring her to the doctor, from there we find out she actually don't have a real constipation, it's because she refused to do number 2.
Maybe she was embarrassed. My little kid demands that noone be anywhere nearby when she is in the bathroom, and she is only 3 1/2 years old now. She's a very private person and gets embarrassed if I have to go into the bathroom to help her.
@lpetges (3036)
you know it was so long ago, they didn't have pul ups then. i think the fact that they had to be in a wet diaper was enough to make them uncomfortable and get going on the real toilet! we used cloth diapers back then, and not long after 15 months it was over.. they wanted to be potty trained! i don't get how kids are still sometimes not trained by the time they are in kindergarten! we make them so comfy, they don't care to be i guess!
@jlcp25 (45)
Our daughter loved to pee in the potty. However, going #2 was our biggest frustration. She would go in her diaper and then just dump it out EVERYWHERE or when we would leave her diaper off she would just go "hide" and go on the floor. She knew she needed to go in the potty, but was just pretty stubborn about it at first...she would look at the potty, grin, and keep walking. Once we got the sticker chart and reward system down for her, potty training was a breeze! She ended up trained in about 2 weeks.