No wonder I couldn't find this author by searching on MyLot

@mcrowl (1050)
New Zealand
I've just tried to start a discussion about the famous British author who writes racing thrillers - some forty or more - but because his first name is also an offensive word on myLot (which I can sort of understand) I can't put his name in the discussion. His latest book is Under Orders, and has Syd Halley in the leading role. Anyone who's read it will know who I mean. But how do we manage to use the first name of ? Francis in a discussion?
You could try using D*ck or D1ck or Dlck. I guess we'll see if those cause the filter to go crazy or not. I like his books too. :D
cool, they all worked.. LOL
@mcrowl (1050)
• New Zealand
Well done! I thought about something alternative to the name only after I'd started the discussion. Makes it a bit difficult finding him on the mylot search engine though!
Do you have our "mature content" filter turned on? I just did a search for "Dlck Francis" and I got results, granted only one, but I got it. He must not be a real popular author on myLot for some reason. Surprising, his books are great! Ok I just tried to submit this with his name spelled properly and the filter nabbed me. So evidently it's not going to let it thru on discussions at all. The result I found was 7 months old so they must have put that word in the filter since then. He's probably very popular here but nobody can put his name in a discussion! How bizarre, they need a better filter so they can distinguish this as a proper name.
@urbandekay (18312)
Also annoying is that I have on a number of occasions been prevented from using the normal English word bltch in reference to my female dog. all the best urban
@mcrowl (1050)
• New Zealand
It's one of those problems with the language, I guess. What's acceptable in the US isn't in the UK and vice versa. There's probably a way to overcome it!