do you look over a cute sweater on the rack just because it isn't name brand?

@ranitam22 (1147)
I know I worked at a retail store and it grew to be a little disgusting at some of the people who would just look at the name brand clothes and if it was not. they stuck their nose up at it. I know society today has affected young teens majorly because they wouldn't be caught in nothing but name brand shoes, nike, rocawear, baby phat, etc. These brands cost sometimes 3x more than a regular shirt or pair of pants would just because of the name brand or logo. Why is it necessary to buy something just because it is a certain brand. Why not just look at something because it is a nice shirt and the price is right. When did americans lose our sense of individuality. I know I have only a handful of name brand merchandise and choose to go more for comfort, quality, and price. How about you?
@bowtieguy (5927)
No, of course I only shop for clothes at three diffrent places, so I would never run inot a sweater that wasn't name brand.
@ranitam22 (1147)
But don't you feel that you may be missing out on something great by only narrowing down to 3 stores and only buying name brand. At times, name brand isn't always the best quality and I think more often than not you are paying for the label and vendor name rather than the clothing item itself.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
There are people who can afford those expensive and branded clothing. For me I look for the style the cloth and the color of clothes. I cannot afford the branded ones and I am just a practical person when it comes to clothing. I go for comfort and convenient and nothing more.
@ranitam22 (1147)
Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes saving that little extra money. Sometimes I can buy two cute shirts for the price of the one name brand shirt. Doesn't make sense to me at times.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank for the best response.
If I like something I don't care who made it. I have some name brand and some not but I love everything I own!!! That's all that really matters. I think teens go through a phase of trying to be the coolest by having name brand clothes but appearances aren't everything. as long as your comfortable in your own skin i think it doesn't matter what designer made your favorite sweater or jeans? Plus I love a bargain!!
@ranitam22 (1147)
That's me all the way, I love a good clearance sale or bargain and as long as it's cute and goes with something I need, it's all good. thanks for your response.