This is Making Me MAD!

Hong Kong
My boyfriend told me he would write me an email when he woke up in the morning and once again, nothing really appears in my mail box. I just don't get it and I am really getting mad this time! I just think people should be responsible for their words! If they don't mean it or won't do it, then don't say the words! That would really cause disappointments! *screams*
@cutepenguin (6457)
How frustrating. Some people just really aren't very good at communication. He should learn not to say that he is going to do something, or if he says it, to do it. My husband did this a lot when we were first going out. He'd say he was going to call, and then he wouldn't call. It would fly out of his mind about 6 minutes after he said it.
Oh but wouldn't you feel frustrated over that? Is he getting better now?
I think you should talk to him about it. Tell him that if he isn't going to write you an email, than don't say he will. And tell him you get excited everyday when you are going to read his email, and you get so disappointed and upset when there isn't one. He might not understand how important this is to you. Another possibility is he has an email wrong. If he is one letter off someone else will be getting your emails from him! Maybe before you confront him you should make sure he has the correct address.
Thanks! He does have my email address correctly. I will talk to him when I am less mad. I don't even write back for now because I would sound mad and that's not really good.
@ayseteyze (214)
• Turkey
yes you are right but what if something unavoidable happened - actually that "something" never happens but we continue to take that possibility into consideration. maybe he needs a serious ultimatom from you. i agree that people should not say the things that they don't know for sure. because some time after we can stop taking them seriously.
If something happens I would totally understand, there is always "just in case" on the background. But the thing is I hate the feeling of being frustrated with people's words and then asking myself not to take those seriously thereafter.
@kgwat70 (13396)
It bothers me at times when people say they are going to do something and end up not doing it. Hopefully he has a good reason for not writing you the email but he should have made some attempt at contacting you. I think it is even worse though to get stood up going out and doing something together, which has happened to me a lot. Emailing I am not too concerned about.
It's because we are in different countries and therefore emails become the main means of communication. I would be really mad if I got stood up too! That's just impolite!
@lingli_78 (12845)
i also don't like people who don't keep their promise... especially man... a promise is like a debt that had to be paid and if a person can't keep it, better don't make a promise... i hope your bf will keep his promise and you will get his email soon... take care and please cool down...
Thanks! I got his email already but somewhat I feel like the promise is not fulfilled, maybe I am just too straight. I just hate people who don't take words seriously.
Well, look at the positive side, you have a boyfriend. Some people have several unrequited loves in a row inspite of being worthy. I would also say that its difficult for guys to express feelings. It not as easy for them as easy it is for girls. Thirdly, yes I agree that people should be responsible for their words.
Right I try to look at the positive sides often but I can't bring myself to it this time!
@dpk262006 (56217)
Is you discussion intended for your boy friend for mylot members. LOL! Just Joking...please do not mind. I entirely agree with you that one should always keep his/her words or else inform about himself/herself. I always keep my words..and if I am unable to keep my promise...due to one reason or another..I make it a point to inform the other fellow, whom I had made a promise.
Yes life should be like that! People should really think before making a promise and even if it's a tiny one, they have to keep it! That's where the trust building is coming from! Anyway, I am still mad and I look forward to going home, having a hot shower and going to bed *laughs*. Usually I feel better after some sleep.
I am sorry to hear that, my friend. I also dislike people who don't keep the promise. If they can not do it, just don't say it. Frankly, in the past when I dated with a boy, we had good time together. Sometimes he said he would call me, but he didn't. I didn't know whether he forgot it or just said it but didn't mean it. So finally our relationship didn't work out.
That's really bad! I think keeping promises is just the foundation of a relationship! How could he forget? When he is mentioning that he loves you? I don't take that as an excuse and I don't take being busy as an excuse too! It's about finding time. Now the more I think about it, the madder I get.
@Malyck (3428)
I can definitely understand your disappointment and anger. If this is something he does often, I think that you should definitely talk to him about it, and let him know that you'd rather be surprised to get an email than be disappointed because he didn't actually send it when he said he was. But don't yell! =] Just discuss it with him. Goodluck, and I hope that he just got caught up and you get it ASAP
Yes and we live in different countries and therefore the disappointments just appear to be "bigger". I will talk about it with him later because this is not happening for the first time. I never fail a promise even if it's tiny! I don't think I will check my email for the rest of the day! I am too mad and I don't want to come across another disappointment which would definitely ruin my boring Monday.
@claire03 (1444)
don't get mad if he didn't email you, maybe he has reason for it or he has other important things to do that he forgot to email you. he can always email you nxt time, it's not like he left you or he did something really bad like cheat you. Calm down you should be more understanding and patient. just tell him next time not to promise anything if he's not sure he can't do it. Making promises and not doing it (especially if its important) is not good.
@CaitBaby (447)
He probably just forgot. I know what you mean though. I get mad sometimes when my boyfriend says he will call but he doesn't call.
@dvschic (1796)
are you serious? there are better things in the world to worry bout than your boyfriend writing a friggin email. you need to not micro-manage him, if he can't take the time to be bothered writing you an email, why should u take hte time to care? just learn to let things go
During the years my ex and I spent together, i felt that he's been honest as what Ive expected him to be.. But when he saw some pics of I and one of my closest boy friends, he got mad and thought that i was cheating him but he was wrong! Gradually, I found out that he was the one who cheated me first and even had a relationship eventhough he is committed to me.. I hated him!
@rinaaus (1203)
why are you getting mad about that? I'm getting mad when I don't keep a promise for myself. If my husband doesn't keep promise for himself, I will chasing him, and next times don't ask me to keep promise. Because you can't keep promise to yourself, how can you ask people to keep promise to yourself? Forget it. But your problem is too small, just an email, your boyfriend may busy to do something is more important. Don't get mad of something is so simple in life. If he prmise to buy you a diamond, and he did not. Oh this one you can get mad!!!!