What is the coolest thing you ever did at your job?

@writersedge (22579)
Did you do something no one else could do? Did you do something a different way than everyone/anyone else? Did you sell more, help more, make a difference? What was the coolest thing you ever did at your job?
@3lilangels (4639)
well i would say before i owned my own hair salon,i worked at another salon and we had a contest who can promote the most color in a month,well i ended up winning and the prize was a $300 pair of cutting scissors,they were tye dyed.really neat looking.
@writersedge (22579)
You owned your own salon? That's pretty cool in and of itself! Promote the most color, get tye-dyed scissors. They kept with the color theme, didn't they? I can't imagine a pair of scissors being worth 300$. Winning at your job is very cool. Thank you very much for sharing that moment with us.
yea,i owned a salon for 6 years and then my partner was moving and so was i,so we sold it.then i got married and had my 3 babies.but i will have another one in the future,i miss it so much.yea scissors are very expensive,especially if you want a good pair where they last you a long time.i still have those scissors and i never had them sharpened yet.they are like brand new still.
@writersedge (22579)
Is that a picture of you? I'm sure you will have another salon again if that's what you want. Three babies, you have a while to go. This has been interesting. Thank you.
@suspenseful (40326)
I did try the old bookkeeping machine once, that shows how long ago it was and I still could not figure it out. Then there was the time I put the new cylinders in the old recording device and then sometime later was watching one of those old nineteen forty movies, and found there it was, the same old recording device with the cylinders and I thought my boss was sure old fashioned and I thought my dad was with wanting us to use the old wringer washing machine when everyone had the new automatics. Oh and do not get me on how I almost wrecked the xerox machine.
@writersedge (22579)
When everyone else had VCRs, the prison I was in had reel to reel old time projectors. I had trouble threading the darn things. But the inmates had no problems. I showed Charlie Chaplan's Gold Rush, the Alaskan one. They had a fit at first because it was a silent movie, but you could have heard a pin drop when the building was teetering at the end of a cliff and at the end, they wanted to know if there were any more Charlie Chaplan movies they could see. They practically roared with laughter when he was trying to eat a shoe. They had to read the captions every once in awhile, too. Since I was teaching reading, it was great practice for them and not as overwhelming as say reading all the captions in a Star Trek movie. They used bigger lettering and stayed on a decent amount of time back then. Many people complained about the old reel to reels, but now they're recognized as having been better teaching tools. Slide projectors where kids had to take turns reading and you could go onto the next slide when everyone was ready, we had those at the prison, too. Everyone hated them, but then again, it's been proven that those were better. I loved them for Earth Science and other things. Some times old fashioned is pretty cool. The Amish near us seem to be pretty happy. Take care and thanks for the trip down memory lane.
@agnescav (566)
I don't think this is what you are looking for but I kicked the bathroom door in. There was a really smelly guy in there. (The night guy used to call him Stinky). i heard stories about the times he got into the bathroom. And there was no way I was cleaning up after him.!
@writersedge (22579)
You're right. That's not what I was looking for. This would probably go under my other posting about frustrating things at work. This one is for your greatest moment or achievement, the best, coolest thing you ever did. Take care.
@agnescav (566)
Then, there is absolutely nothing cool to do at my job. It's a laundromat!
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, laundry mats are hot, not cool. But you did give some good advice to me about starting a laundry service. You also are learning some interesting things at that job, so that's cool.